1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed that their Pre has degenerated over time. Im a UK customer and im on my second Pre that I got in October.

Over the last month or so ive noticed that my pre is suffering from more and more glitches.

Firstly the space bar is double or triple tapping when I am sending a text. This is not everytime I press it but it is happening a lot.

I ve also noticed software issues over the last month. I ve had times when the phone has frozen when ive gone to click on a notification. Theres been times when a card has become unresponisve and I have to close it.

Most recently today I ve had two problems. 1st for not reason I suddenly got a notificiation from my e-mail that my SSL certificate was invalid. My e-mail has worked fine before from Exchange and my phone was just on charge and when I looked at it I get this message and now my e-mail wont sync. Does any one know a fix for this?

Finally after rebooting my phone to try and fix the SSL problem the phone would just not start at all. I had to removed the battery and start up again.

I ve had this phone 5 months and its not holding together well software and hardware how on earth is it suppose to last me 2 years? Will Palm replace my Pre as i'm having so many issues.

Im really annoyed that a phone that is expensive in my view will not last 2 years is there anything I can do?
    I see lots of posts like these, and all i can say is i got my pre on june 6th and its perfectly fine and i've been happy with it.

i guess the statistics of these forums might be the reason for all these doom and gloom posts

Threads: 197,524, Posts: 2,082,229, Members: 332,881

trust me, the pre is a great phone, it is not as bad as you or others complain.
    Unless im mistaken, have you tried doctoring your phone?

Restores your phone OS and gives you a clean install, just like how you got it on the first day, should solve any software issues present, if not, its a hardware issue and warrants a return.
    Build Quality (TM)
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Still on my first UK Pre since launch day Oct. The touchscreen died but came back for an hour or so if I plugged the USB cable in. So I took it back to O2, showed them the problem and they sent it off for repair. It came back 7 days later with a note saying the engineer couldn't replicate the problem and its been fine since. No software issues.
    yeah, I feel lucky as well only having 2 pres since launch...and that's only because the 1st one had a tiny bleed into the screen and it just bugged me to look at so I paid a hundo for a refurb and it's been fine exceot for when I forgot it was on my lap and it said hello to the pavement as I got out of my truck....but it held up...just slight oreo after it's tumble....and I have to say that the reboot app has done wonders for the lag....every morning it reboots and it's been night and day with the sluggishness.
    My launch day pre is better than ever, love the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mccarney View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that their Pre has degenerated over time. Im a UK customer and im on my second Pre that I got in October.

Over the last month or so ive noticed that my pre is suffering from more and more glitches.

Firstly the space bar is double or triple tapping when I am sending a text. This is not everytime I press it but it is happening a lot.

I ve also noticed software issues over the last month. I ve had times when the phone has frozen when ive gone to click on a notification. Theres been times when a card has become unresponisve and I have to close it.

Most recently today I ve had two problems. 1st for not reason I suddenly got a notificiation from my e-mail that my SSL certificate was invalid. My e-mail has worked fine before from Exchange and my phone was just on charge and when I looked at it I get this message and now my e-mail wont sync. Does any one know a fix for this?

Finally after rebooting my phone to try and fix the SSL problem the phone would just not start at all. I had to removed the battery and start up again.

I ve had this phone 5 months and its not holding together well software and hardware how on earth is it suppose to last me 2 years? Will Palm replace my Pre as i'm having so many issues.

Im really annoyed that a phone that is expensive in my view will not last 2 years is there anything I can do?
    I've also had very few hardware problems. With regard to Exchange, it's likely your certificate expired as they are dated. Get in touch with your IT people to get a current one. Same thing happened to me and that was the cause.
    have you tried rebooting your phone? (tedious, but it worked for me)
    still got my same pre..from release date...was worried about things i had heard as far as faulty parts..but i find that since im careful with my stuff ive never ran into any issues.
    actually my palm seems to work better evey day. I find myself having more and more programs open at once. The keyboard stopped creaking about a week ago and it just keeps running faster and smoother. I'm sorry you haven't had as much luck. For the record the machinne began running aster after several of my patches updated. It's been going smooth since and I swear it's still getting fsster. I'm quite happy.

hope your luck improves.