View Poll Results: Do you still have your previous Palm device and why?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES: For backup

36 54.55%
  • YES: Hoping it'll become a collectible

12 18.18%
  • YES: Friend or family member using

10 15.15%
  • YES: But it's broken

4 6.06%
  • NO: Sold it

3 4.55%
  • NO: Cashed it in to Sprint

1 1.52%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I sold my Centro for $75 to someone on Craigslist shortly after I got my Pre. I did just buy a 800w off of Ebay for $30 to use as a backup, which will probably be soon because I have the USB crack.
    I have a 270, 600 and 700P all in the custody of my children. I can activate any of them in a pinch.
    I still have my 755p.. Great for a back up!
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I still got my 700p, 755p, Centro and my broken CLIE NR70v somewhere
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I have a 650 with lots of stuff and a 800w also with lots of stuff in a box. In 1.5 years I will have a Pre with lots of stuff too.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Wow, I also have a dead Clie around somewhere. I am keeping it and maybe it will be a collectors item in 2050?

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I still got my 700p, 755p, Centro and my broken CLIE NR70v somewhere
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Still have both my Tungsten T5 and Treo 755p... they still have data somewhere I need to extract, but I've been too busy.

(Or I'm a perpetual procrastinator, whichever fits the bill best).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by MKTrek View Post
    I still have a handspring visor blue, treo 600, and a treo 750. I sold my treo 270 years ago. I have been a fan for a long time......

HA! i have my blue handspring visor too! it sits in my bedside drawer, ill pull it out every now and then and chuckle.

im working on my 3rd pre. i should have kept the 1st, that was the best so far. but it would randomly shutdown. it didnt do it for very long, but if i shut it hard it would shut down.

i had the 650, 700wx, htc 8100 (i think) hated the landscape keyboard, centro, 800w, treo pro, now the pre.

each phone i sold to fund the purchase of the next. i bought the 650 used from craigslist, and made that money back selling it on ebay. i have only extended my contract once, and that was for the pre.
    Last edited by BiffTirkle; 02/23/2010 at 06:56 PM.
    I still have mine!

You should have made this a poll question in the thread, it would be easier for everyone to vote.

You can still change the original message in the thread to have a voting polling.

Just a suggestion!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Still have a Treo 650 and a 600. And oh yes, still have the Sprint BB 8830 WP for a third line.
    Last edited by oneklassy1; 02/23/2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Added BB 8830
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    I still play on my Treo 755p here or there..

I was wondering if there was a way to sync them up so I could still use Kinoma or some other apps too.
    Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have a Palm T3 (and a backup) and Palm TX (and a backup.) Truth is, now that I am comfortable with my Palm Pre Plus AND ePocrates is online, I really only need DTG to set all of those PDAs on the shelf for good!
    Palm Pre Plus is my FIRST smartphone--I was waiting for the BEST before combining my PDA and my phone into one super package!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Still have my 800W just in case
    I have my 755. My brother will take it over if his phone ever dies.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    This is my first smartphone. The last device I had that ran a palmOS was a handspring treo90 lol. I think i still have it in a box somewhere.
    palmOS phones? the only ones worth having.... Kyocera 6035, Samsung i500 (best PalmOS phone ever!) and Centro. The Centro is actually my spare battery charger, And the i500 sits on it's cradle at the ready. Remember a nice OEM charging cradle with spare battery charger?

pre pda phone; Palm 3x and Vx. My Palm Professional was sold for the IIIxe which got sold for my Vx which remained as my last PDA before combining it with a phone with the Kyo 6035.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I still have my 650, 750, and I'm still using my Treo Pro.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Leading up to the Pre's release last year, there were a few threads started asking who would turn in their old phone(s) for the either $35 or $50 Sprint was willing to relinquish for the used devices (depending on what smartphone you had). A lot of folk said they'd just keep their old device as a backup. Some said they'd redeem it for the cash. Others said they'd hit eBay for the highest sell. While others said they'd be crazy to take only $50 for a $550 device.

So, I'm just interested to know...Who here still has their previous smartphone? And if so, have you ever needed to use it for backup while the Pre was down?

I'll be getting my Pre mid June and have two old phones I'm hoping on cashing in on. A 700p($35) and a 755p($50) - that is, assuming Sprint is still offering anything at all for these relics.
    I still have my T-Mobile G1 on Sprint. I kept it because Sprint service had been pretty bad in the Chicago area in the past. I have been pleasantly surprised by how much Sprint has improved. Right now the only place where my G1 has a better signal than my Pre is on the subway and I rarely use my G1 - I think I used five minutes of airtime last month.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I still have my Centro...great phone. I use it as a backup since I have two lines on Sprint. It comes in handy when I'm using Sprint Navigation on the Pre and I want to make phone calls on the road.
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I still have mine!

You should have made this a poll question in the thread, it would be easier for everyone to vote.

You can still change the original message in the thread to have a voting polling.

Just a suggestion!

Rob
    Thanks Rob! Just turned it into one.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast