View Poll Results: Do you still have your previous Palm device and why?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES: For backup

36 54.55%
  • YES: Hoping it'll become a collectible

12 18.18%
  • YES: Friend or family member using

10 15.15%
  • YES: But it's broken

4 6.06%
  • NO: Sold it

3 4.55%
  • NO: Cashed it in to Sprint

1 1.52%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have a Moto E815, Palm 650, Palm 700p, BB 8830, BB 8330, and a Centro all in a drawer, waiting for a family member to ask for one when they lose their phone. Out of all those phones I won't let go of the E815 and the 700p, both very solid phones and in the best condition.
    I've still got my Moto V551, and my Palm V505, Treo 650 and Treo 680. (plus some phones going back 15 years)
    What the "sniff"? An Apple 3G s 32 gig is worth 249.00, Mot Droid - 147.00 and the Pre only 98.00. I guess the ram in the 3G has some value to someone.
    I still have my 755P and actually use it for one specific app, Clock+, since sounds are not emulated in Classic. I sometimes pick it up and read in MyBible, even though I do have that installed in Classic, and it works fine.
    does this still count lol found this at my moms house, used to be my old phone before i moved over to alltel then finally sprint a long whiles back ...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I have 2 755P's with non functioning audio jacks. My son uses one as an MP3 player. My Centro is stashed away for the times my Pre does not cut it (e.g. Editing M$ documents).
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    I have 2 755P's with non functioning audio jacks. My son uses one as an MP3 player. My Centro is stashed away for the times my Pre does not cut it (e.g. Editing M$ documents).
    i too still have my centro but it's a POS i hated that phone, it's got tealOS on it thought so it's funny to turn it on and see how crappy that looks compared to webOS the touch screen on it works sometimes the other times it'sreally bad off alingment, used to reboot every single morning too it was really annoying

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I still carry around my 755p and Palm Pre. Currently rockin the Pixi.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    I still have my 755P and actually use it for one specific app, Clock+, since sounds are not emulated in Classic. I sometimes pick it up and read in MyBible, even though I do have that installed in Classic, and it works fine.
    Don't they have a MyBible for the WebOS yet?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I still have my 650. I continue to use it as a SplashID/desktop sync backup.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I kept my 755p for a while (oddly I still miss some of its functions) until I was certain I would be keeping the Pre (while it has its shortcomings, so do all phones and I like this one the best.) A friend busted the screen on his 755p so I gave him my old one a couple of weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Still got Palm TX, couple of years already.

Using TX as navigator (Tomtom Nav 6), MP3 and video player. As a universal remote control, too. MP3 going more and more to Pre, though.
    Recently adopted SDHC capability extended TX's life span markedly. For me, anyways.
    And I prefer TX for watching movies while on the road. Bigger screen and bigger memory - and just swap the card for another set of movies.
    Saves Pre's precious battery, too.
    Well the last 2 palm devices I have had treo 755p and treo pro are in the hands of my mom and brother respectively and going strong. My mom wont let go of palmOS (who can blame her) and my brother needed to replace his 800w so when I upgraded to the pre he got that phone. So still in the family, just not at my house and used by me.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    does this still count lol found this at my moms house, used to be my old phone before i moved over to alltel then finally sprint a long whiles back ...

Lol I had that same phone with cingular! Was my first phone after I left verizon for good.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Don't they have a MyBible for the WebOS yet?
    MyBible is an app by Laridian (www.laridian.com), and they do not make a version for WebOS. There are bible readers for WebOS, but I haven't seen any for NIV or The Message, my two favorites.
    Got my Treo 700P beat to the breaks ready to split in half, sitting behind my tv.
    I still have my 700p/Centro cracked screen and all, sitting in my top drawer as back up. The build on that phone wasn't half bad, it got ran over by a car and still works. It jus has a crack that goes across the screen. Thank god for the casemate it was in. Great backup phone to have. Did anybody keep there Micro Sd cards from there 700p?
    I still have my centro.
    See my sig? The early PDAs have all gone to heaven. But I still have all of my smartphones (all PlamOS) - all in good working condition except for the 700P which has a broken screen.

btw, do I win a prize?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I still carry around my Tx for reference once in a while. I still have a lot of notes in NoteStudio and haven't found anything comparble on WebOS yet.
    I also expected the app catalogue to be fully available sooner so I didn't want to spend the money on Classic and sit it out till I can get proper WebOS apps.

Just for it's looks I have a Sony UX-50 sitting on my desk. Wifi is broken and the battery is dead, but I just love the form factor. Would like to see something like it with WebOS.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast