Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Did a quick search and didn't see any obvious threads.

Do we know of any Palm reps that frequent this board. From what I have seen, this is THE place for Pre users. The talk always seems to revolve around "they". Maybe it's me but it would be nice to hear someone say "We" are doing this and that...a Pre staffer.

I understand staff members would need to be very careful with their words as some would take "try" as a promise or absolute. The Pre is still a fairly small family. I would love to see a/more Palm reps visible and available here. I wouldn't expect them to answer every mindless question or offer to make housecalls to fix the phones of the oreo-twist-mongers. Just a little accessibility to let us all know they are paying attention to us.

Maybe there is just something I am missing. I don't mean any of this as a slam against Palm at all. I look forward to the day where Palm is so big that no one would look for that personal touch.
    Last edited by J_Bone; 02/23/2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Filter made me look like a potty-mouth... :)
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post

Do we know of any Palm reps that frequent this board. From what I have seen, this is THE place for Pre users. The talk always seems to revolve around "they". Maybe it's me but it would be nice to hear someone say "We" are doing this and that...a Pre staffer.

I understand staff members would need to be very careful with their words as some would take "try" as a promise or absolute. The Pre is still a fairly small family. I would love to see a/more Palm reps visible and available here. I wouldn't expect them to answer every mindless question or offer to make housecalls to fix the phones of the oreo-twist-****s. Just a little accessibility to let us all know they are paying attention to us.

Maybe there is just something I am missing. I don't mean any of this as a slam against Palmat all. I look forward to the day where Palm is so big that no one would look for that personal touch.
    I believe user 'chuq,' is a rep... haven't seen a post in a while though.

http://forums.precentral.net/members/chuq.html
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I believe user 'chuq,' is a rep... haven't seen a post in a while though.

http://forums.precentral.net/members/chuq.html
    +1
    But you are asking the question that has plagued mankind since the beginning of time. When someone says "they said this" or "they said that". Who is "they"? Will we really ever know?
    hi there I'm they its nice to meet ya!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    There are a couple of Palm reps who visit the boards regularly. The will lurk in the shadows until they spot something they are willing/able to help with... then will morph back into the shadows again until needed... always watching... always lurking... always there.
    Palm monitors ALL major forums like here BUT do note they have their own forums that they monitor 24/7 at forums.palm.com too.
    Palm reps?....
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I've seen @adora lurking here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hi there I'm they its nice to meet ya!!

OMG! It's so nice to finally meet you. I only have more more thing to do before I move to the afterlife now. Understand the female mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Palm reps?....

See?? I told you they lurk and then swoop in like some dark bat-like figure... say something meaningful (most times) and then fade instantly into the dark... only to watch. Watch and wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post

nope. No Palm people around here. None.
    Pleasure to see you both... still being paid and staying busy?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I know local sprint rep frequents these boards. I've seen him mention it to Pre and Pixi customers at Best Buy.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hey Palm, just wanted to let you guys know how great your product is! I've been with you since the Pilot days. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info.

What brought my question up was the thread with the poll about the GPU and UI. There are a handful of speculation posts in there about something that probably could be answered by someone in that particular department. When something goes a few pages I would think it would draw some interests. There are a few posts from some members who obviously know their stuff and can explain how the hardware works but as to what Palm is actually focusing on, we speculate.

I guess my comparison here is when the game Rock Band was released. It had a very similar feel to it that I have experienced with my Pre so far. The hardware had some issues that the company was working hard at and doing a good job of making it right.

The game had a major competitor (Guitar Hero) that was the current gold standard yet those of us who played Rock Band felt it was a better product and would catch fire.

All along the process Harmonics went outta their way to stay in touch with the gamers. I remember having to get my drums replaced and was sent a PM on the board regarding the RMA. I just always had that feeling of knowing where they were taking the game. I am not saying that I think Palm doesn't hear us but on that particular board you just had a more "comfortable" feeling about it.

Anyway. I really hope this isn't coming off as a rant, it's truly not. It is really meant as a hope. Maybe the Palm company board is more like the Harmonics board. I will admit that I do not frequent that board as this one has always felt like the place to get the best/quickest info on the Pre.