1.    #1  
    Good morning Pre family. I want to start off by saying I LOVE MY PALM PRE. However, I recently bought an HTC Hero for my wife because she insisted on having something different from me and the Pixi was unacceptable (married people you understand). Along with buying her this new phone I've basically had the opportunity to play with the Android OS in depth. I've had my Palm Pre since the release date and have had no hardware issues with the exception of my own stupidity (cracked the edge of my screen). I'm hoping for some help to renew my love for the Pre and I figured my Pre family would be the people to do just that.

I didn't think I would be "swooned" so easily by the active desktop that the Android OS offers with their little widgets always on. I've played with the Activecard app with WebOS and I read the review and agree entirely that the better way to use WebOS is the actual cards vs. the Activecard app. I'd like to see a homepage that implements the widgets but I can live without as it is not available. I'm definitely looking forward to the next update (along with the rest of the users I'm sure).

In short, I know that there are a handful of options for smartphone users but the Palm Pre is phone to have. I'd like to see a positive string that isn't filled with "Palm bashing" and would like a renewal of my faith in the Palm Pre.

Looking forward to seeing the potential of WebOS with the next update.
    Loyal Palm user.
    You might want to seek some professional help.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    lol

seriously though, for me 1.4 better fix some issues.......
    no fix, i'll sell my palm stocks......and go back to my normal socks
    My wife did the same thing. She researched it and decided that the Hero was what would make her happy. I avoided touching it for a few days because I didn't want "buyer's remorse" over my Pre (had it since July.) After helping her enter her contacts and some other things I can say that I wasn't all that impressed with it. The whole reason I initially wanted an Android phone was because it played nice with Google; my Pre does that. I'll take my Pre and PreWare over Android and their market any day.