Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    yea my vids in my sig did exactly what he asked me to do & he still won't admit he's wrong. And now he is deleting mine & other peoples comments and saying we are deleting them ourselves.... -_- epic fail
    exactly no point in fighting....when u already won
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I was wondering why there was not even one comment about the Pre lol. I watched the vid and did exactly the same thing on my phone...I don't see what the big deal is, that's how I use my phone on a daily basis

I mean I should have made a vid of me waxing my snowboard while listening to music, texting a few people, taking a few phone calls, then using the browser to get the snow report
    Obviously, he doesn't want to lose credibility. If he allows commenters to actually be heard and to show links to videos that actually prove that another platform can do the multitasking that he claims no other platform can do, then he will look like a fool. He knows this and will do his best to keep that from happening.

Obviously, he's never used a Pre or he would know better. Obviously, he isn't going to admit that he was wrong, so the best thing to do if you want to refute his misinformation is to publish your own video as a Video Response (Not sure if he can or does block those, but I did notice that the link to do it is there.)

Personally, I have no problem with people singing the praises of their favorite platform. I just think that if people are going to do so, they should be able to do it without lying about other platforms' capabilities.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Nice...just got a reply from Siberslug saying that no one can prove that the Pre multitasks live. He claims he and his partner are developers and they also develop webOS apps....his partner says it's impossible to run 12 apps with the memory that it takes-up.
    I guess downloading podcasts via drPodder, listening to pandora, recieving an SMS, getting Tweed updates running the Clock app and webbrowser I flick and minimize while watching it scroll and both clock and browser rotate to landscape orientation isn't multitasking?

The other thing is that WinMo 6.1 would run just as bad-azz as his Jesus phone on a 1Ghz cpu too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Obviously, he doesn't want to lose credibility. If he allows commenters to actually be heard and to show links to videos that actually prove that another platform can do the multitasking that he claims no other platform can do, then he will look like a fool. He knows this and will do his best to keep that from happening.

Obviously, he's never used a Pre or he would know better. Obviously, he isn't going to admit that he was wrong, so the best thing to do if you want to refute his misinformation is to publish your own video as a Video Response (Not sure if he can or does block those, but I did notice that the link to do it is there.)

Personally, I have no problem with people singing the praises of their favorite platform. I just think that if people are going to do so, they should be able to do it without lying about other platforms' capabilities.
    Or how about not issuing a challenge and then when your challenge is met not publishing the results. I wrote a comment on his channel a couple of days ago when this thread was first started and linked a vid that showed the palm pre plus in all its multitasking glory and guess what he didn't approve the comment. I wasn't shocked. The guy sounded ignorant anyways so its not hard for me to believe that he simply doesn't understand multitasking on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Nice...just got a reply from Siberslug saying that no one can prove that the Pre multitasks live. He claims he and his partner are developers and they also develop webOS apps....his partner says it's impossible to run 12 apps with the memory that it takes-up.
    I guess downloading podcasts via drPodder, listening to pandora, recieving an SMS, getting Tweed updates running the Clock app and webbrowser I flick and minimize while watching it scroll and both clock and browser rotate to landscape orientation isn't multitasking?

The other thing is that WinMo 6.1 would run just as bad-azz as his Jesus phone on a 1Ghz cpu too...
    Yea I saw he said no one will prove the Pre will do that, even though i did on youtube with my vids. I give up on this dude lol
    Yea I saw he said no one will prove the Pre will do that, even though i did on youtube with my vids. I give up on this dude lol
    Sounds like Ignorance is bliss has become Ignorance is denial...lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I don't think the guy is intentionally being deaf and blind, he's just not good at articulating what he's talking about.

He acknowledges that the Pre can multi-task, he just thinks the Nexus One can handle more. Against the Sprint Pre, he's right. The Nexus One can handle at least 3 times as many open applications at one time. Switching through apps isn't as elegant, but it's there. There's the quicklist of 6 apps, but there is also an icon based full list of running apps. Accessing the icon list makes it appear that you're opening an app from scratch, but actually it's already open and just brought to the foreground. His videos don't show that very well as he just opens a couple things then cites "extreme multi-tasking."

Now, against the Verizon Pre, his argument doesn't hold up any longer. But he thinks the video of Dieter opening 50 cards is fake for whatever reason. He's only used a Sprint Pre and is convinced that any Pre can only handle +/-13 apps at once.

If someone makes a video answering his challenge with a VZW Pre, he might loosen his opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    I don't think the guy is intentionally being deaf and blind, he's just not good at articulating what he's talking about.

He acknowledges that the Pre can multi-task, he just thinks the Nexus One can handle more. Against the Sprint Pre, he's right. The Nexus One can handle at least 3 times as many open applications at one time. Switching through apps isn't as elegant, but it's there. There's the quicklist of 6 apps, but there is also an icon based full list of running apps. Accessing the icon list makes it appear that you're opening an app from scratch, but actually it's already open and just brought to the foreground. His videos don't show that very well as he just opens a couple things then cites "extreme multi-tasking."

Now, against the Verizon Pre, his argument doesn't hold up any longer. But he thinks the video of Dieter opening 50 cards is fake for whatever reason. He's only used a Sprint Pre and is convinced that any Pre can only handle +/-13 apps at once.

If someone makes a video answering his challenge with a VZW Pre, he might loosen his opinion.
    No he actually told me he doesn't think the Pre can use more than 2 apps "live" (his words) at a time. He has told me that the Pre and every other phone can't multitask. He really thinks that on the Pre only 1 app is open at a time besides maybe the music app playing in the background. He thinks for some reason that when a app is not the active front card you are using that its just a window in the background inactive and closed until you bring it up again. Thats what makes this so annoying that he won't listen to anyone or their vids lol
    im starting to think hes just trying to make the nexus seem like some kind of super-phone
    He took down the video he posted this morning. I guess he realized he had no idea what he was talking about, and didn't want to get any further into a fight he knew he couldn't win?
    No he actually told me he doesn't think the Pre can use more than 2 apps "live" (his words) at a time. He has told me that the Pre and every other phone can't multitask. He really thinks that on the Pre only 1 app is open at a time besides maybe the music app playing in the background. He thinks for some reason that when a app is not the active front card you are using that its just a window in the background inactive and closed until you bring it up again. Thats what makes this so annoying that he won't listen to anyone or their vids lol
    Ah, fair enough. Well, he's delusional then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Ah, fair enough. Well, he's delusional then.
    +1 lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Has nm on the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    He took down the video he posted this morning. I guess he realized he had no idea what he was talking about, and didn't want to get any further into a fight he knew he couldn't win?
    here's his message back to me:

I said ALL your cards are not live and no one could prove that out of all my messages and vids I got. I'm taking this vid down because of the people that just don't get it...

Technically he's right...if some of the cards are 3D games, they're not live. Those pause in the b/g but I did make that clear to him that was the exception. I guess he didn't understand that i understood his mis understanding, so he took down the video.

Again, downloading podcasts via drPodder, listening to pandora, recieving an SMS, getting Tweed updates running the Clock app and webbrowser then flick and minimize while watching it scroll and both clock and browser rotate to landscape orientation isn't multitasking at 1/2 the cpu speed...is NOT multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Palm Pre was the first TRUE multitasking phone on the market and is still the best at it. Nexus One's multitasking isnt even that good.
    I hate to break it to you, but blackberrys have been multitasking for years. It is not as "intuitive" as the Pre, but I have a homescreen on my blackberry as well. I can open slacker, pandora and various other apps and send them all to the background and see my homescreen again. I actually prefer that over the card sitting on my homescreen telling me that it is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    here's his message back to me:

I said ALL your cards are not live and no one could prove that out of all my messages and vids I got. I'm taking this vid down because of the people that just don't get it...

Technically he's right...if some of the cards are 3D games, they're not live. Those pause in the b/g but I did make that clear to him that was the exception. I guess he didn't understand that i understood his mis understanding, so he took down the video.

Again, downloading podcasts via drPodder, listening to pandora, recieving an SMS, getting Tweed updates running the Clock app and webbrowser then flick and minimize while watching it scroll and both clock and browser rotate to landscape orientation isn't multitasking at 1/2 the cpu speed...is NOT multitasking.
    3D games pause on any platform when in background too so his point there was not very good. When I played a defense tower game on my fiance's Hero it would pause as well in background. I noticed he deleted all his multitasking vids except the (Nexus One opens 27 apps on bootup) which are really background processes.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Maybe someone should send this to him.

Hey, how come Sprint doesn't have a commercial like this
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    Maybe someone should send this to him.

Hey, how come Sprint doesn't have a commercial like this
    see now thats what i call a commercial!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345