Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Notice at the end he says i dont know any other phone that can do this on any other platform. Has this guy been under a rock? Palm Pre was the first TRUE multitasking phone on the market and is still the best at it. Nexus One's multitasking isnt even that good.
    leave the guy alone...he sounds so proud that his N1 is the only phone on the planet that can multitask. Ignorance is bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    War is peace, Freedom is slavery, Ignorance is strength
    well hey it was much faster than my pre heh.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    i'll give it that haha
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    War is peace, Freedom is slavery, Ignorance is strength
    OK...his ignorance is his bliss....
    guess you didnt get the 1984 reference
    I may have busted his ignorance bubble when I posted on his youtube channel a video of the palm pre in action.

@IcerC what are you talking about? He was complaining about the lag after having only four apps open at once. I have done that with my pre and had no problems.
    Every phone has limits to multitasking.

- The iPhone gives you the most tasks to accomplish, but limits how many you can do at once.
    - WebOS gives you the easiest way to switch and keep track of what is open, but is hobbled by "Too Many Cards" errors, a slow UI, and the least amount of tasks you can accomplish.
    - Android kind of splits the difference along with its own OS into endless variations and manufacturers skins on top.

Anyone here who wants to beat iPhone and Android users over the head with the "King of Multitasking!" title should be ready to get it back in spades with the myriad of weaknesses of both WebOS software and hardware.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Somehow I doubt he would allow any comment/response to be posted concerning anything but Android. Considering it's his channel "Android Revolution", he isn't required to or anything. He's a ****** and that's fine.

What's crazy is that most of the employees at my store all have Pre's and we love them to death, we show them off to every customer looking to buy a smartphone. Most of my customers still purchase the HTC Hero or Samsung Moment (both Android). The biggest thing is that the Moment/Hero don't seem as intimidating to people. If you've used a iPhone or WinMo or Blackberry the Android units seem very familiar. The Pre works so much different from anything else that people get scared away from it. It's just a shame because they just don't know what they are missing.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Every phone has limits to multitasking.

- The iPhone gives you the most tasks to accomplish, but limits how many you can do at once.
    - WebOS gives you the easiest way to switch and keep track of what is open, but is hobbled by "Too Many Cards" errors, a slow UI, and the least amount of tasks you can accomplish.
    - Android kind of splits the difference along with its own OS into endless variations and manufacturers skins on top.

Anyone here who wants to beat iPhone and Android users over the head with the "King of Multitasking!" title should be ready to get it back in spades with the myriad of weaknesses of both WebOS software and hardware.
    Nicely said. And just for the record, when an Android app is "minimized" it doesn't stop loading. So when he loaded another app on top of the browser it continued to load. He failed to show a few cool features that Android is actually capable of when it comes to multitasking.

I much prefer WebOS' way of managing open apps and the ability to quickly switch between them but WebOS has a long ways to go before before it's on the same level as the iPhone and Android. We've beaten this horse a thousand times, no need to travel down this road yet again ..
    astonishingly...never read it
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Somebody should make a video response to him.
    this is a good first task post 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    astonishingly...never read it
    too bad it is one of those stories that make you think
    but believe it or not a great many people arent even aware of the pre's existence ive even had people at the gym i workout at ask me what phone i have because theyve never seen a vertical slider with a touchscreen
    Bingo, and that sums up the problem with Palm. Great OS, love my phone. but nobody really knows about it. Will give some credit to Verizon though, seeing more advertising on air now.
    I got it! But since I'm reading this thread so much later than you posted it I couldn't shout out the answer (heh). Very nice reference, very important book.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I got it! But since I'm reading this thread so much later than you posted it I couldn't shout out the answer (heh). Very nice reference, very important book.
    glad someone got it i was starting to think it was coming true
    glad someone got it i was starting to think it was coming true
    Yeah, that and Heinlein's Crazy Years...one can only hope that we will avoid/survive such possible futures.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  19. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    True. Pre owners should be careful they don't crow too much. Nice as WebOS and the smooth pebble design is (I can see why Palm target it at the ladies), the N900 crushes it (literally) all round. And in the hand the Nokia feels like you've got something for your money rather than a flimsy, creaky, plastic toy.
    Last edited by Me2; 02/23/2010 at 06:27 AM.
    what is it with people and those cheap plastic phone covers?!!!!
    Last edited by peabrain; 02/23/2010 at 09:10 AM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast