Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hi, I am having the strangest charging issue while on the dock. Some nights the charging will completely stop halfway through and the screen will sleep since there is no power coming through. Other times the screen will stay lit and the charging icon will show like it is charging but it is not really. When I take the phone off the dock the charging icon does not disappear. This does not happen every night and is very random. The solution I have found to this, at least the temporary solution, is to just reboot the phone. This tells me that this problem is the software, not the hardware. Is anyone else experiencing this? Perhaps the webos update will correct. Any thoughts?
    try just going into a sprint/verizon/whatev carrier store and putting the pre on a different touchstone like the ones thy have on the display models and see if it makes a difference
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    this is not something you can tell right away. It might randomly happen after an hour of charging.
    then im stumped as to any advice it could be SW or it could be a weak magnet or some other possibility that hasnt occurred to me yet
    I have exactly the some behavior with my pre and the only way to fix it is a reboot.
    I guess it is software related but I am not sure.
    Has anyone an idea what cause this failure?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    By any chance do you notice that this only happens on days when you might use the USB cable to charge through your computer? Or maybe if you let the battery drain all the way. I noticed that this happens on nights where either one of these things occur during the day.
    I always use the wall outlet charger with touch or USB connector. I have never used a computer to charge my pre. The last two times the problem appears I had a remain capacity of 30%. The update to 1.4.0.179 hasn't solved the problem. It is kind of annoying because you can't adapt to this random issue.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I've just gotten used to doing a restart every time I put it on the TS. Seems to be the only thing that keeps it from having all types of issues. As far as whether it's hardware or software, it's probably a little of both.
    I added a USB extension cable to my touchstone and had all sorts of problems. Touchstone seems to only be happy when you use the Palm USB cable plugged into an AC outlet.
    pretty much what xobx said is yr only option,,go change it for a new one and see if it continues.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    the webos update has seemed to correct this for me, hasn't happened since
    you could download Jason's program "preset reset" and set it up to reset your device everynight at 8pm or something -- this is not a perfect solution but it might help

rob