1.    #1  
    I really don't like to be forced to update my phone when i'm not ready to. Meaning I don't always have the time to remove patches and stuff before hand so it won't malfunction afterwards. So my problem is, since i've been hitting "Install Later" after every time I place it on charger, that my phone updated automatically when I placed it and left it without giving it an answer wether or not I want to update it. Now my phone doesn't ring or vibrate for calls and my music player doesn't play my mp3s. Basically the only sound i get out of my phone now is that stupid "beep beep" sound it has by default. Also, when I try to web doctor it, my phone isn't being detected now. I'm getting so frustrated with this damn thing. I know it's a next gen cutting edge technology with a great upside but some of us don't have the time to baby sit this thing just so that the basics of the phone work correctly. Anybody got any advice how to fix this?
    What version update had you been putting off?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Well the update is forced after a while if you don't install a patch to prevent it, this is for security reasons.

And to get it to detect for webos doctor you can try restarting the device and your computer, and if that doesn't work, shut the phone down, then hold the volume up button while you turn it on. If you keep the button pressed it should enter USB/maintenance mode and you should be able to connect for sure then.
    First suggestion: doctor to version 1.2.1 - this wipes out everything (backup your media folder if you need to) and starts fresh. Then update to 1.3.5.x

Second suggestion: avoid patches unless you research thoroughly and know how to recover when they don't work or install/unistall properly. Plenty of fodder on these boards to do just that.

AUPT technology is enabled on all new patches via Preware and WOSQI so getting ready for an OS update will be obsolete - unless you use themes.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 02/22/2010 at 06:07 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Well it's not palm's fault that you have patch's installed...

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  6.    #6  
    I was putting off version 1.3.5.1.... I don't really keep up to date on that stuff most of the time. I also thought patches were a good thing and a way to customize your phone the way you want it. Now i see it's too much trouble to even bother with them unless you check them out first. Don't have time for all that so I guess I gotta either keep everything default or just get another smartphone thats less of a hassle. Thanks for the info Chem and alex!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freqflyer30 View Post
    I was putting off version 1.3.5.1.... I don't really keep up to date on that stuff most of the time. I also thought patches were a good thing and a way to customize your phone the way you want it. Now i see it's too much trouble to even bother with them unless you check them out first. Don't have time for all that so I guess I gotta either keep everything default or just get another smartphone thats less of a hassle. Thanks for the info Chem and alex!
    Well if you going from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.1 the only patches you should have had to worry about were those affecting the calendar app... if you were going from 1.3.1 then all the patches would have needed to come off.

In any case, running the Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware should help. Even after the update.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz