Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    My tech friend used to have his Pre patched, but said that when he had to remove the patches for each update, he'd have to do a complete reset on his Pre. Meaning - he lost all his contacts and settings.

So I am wondering if that is true for everyone. Do you have to reset your Pre to remove the patches?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    As long as they're fully updated to aupt v3 you don't even have to remove them now.

Otherwise you can use the Emergency Recovery tool which'll remove all patches at the same time.

But all you had to do was remove the patches one by one by selecting uninstall and don't actually need to reset/dr. your phone, I'm not sure why he said that.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I told him this, and he is confused. He uses Preware. Does this apply to that?
    Yes, directly. He doesn't need to remove any, he just needs to make sure all are up to date.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I saw in another thread that you can update all patches via Preware. I'm having him read the thread... Haha.
    You can also open up preware, go into the installed packages section. Then click on patches and remove them one by one.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I think his was a special case or something. I would assume he would know all this. He works in the IT department. Haha.

This question was mainly for me. I didn't want to install patches if removing them caused a major reset. Now I won't have to anyways with AUPT 3. I only want like, five patches anyways. Just simple things (like a date in the top bar when the phone is on).

I am NOT tech savvy at all - do you think I can install Preware and get patches going using the "how to" here: http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware ??
    You did have to remove all patches on every update prior to the new one coming out since AUPT did not exist.
    ur friend is a ____.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Even with a complete reset, I'm not sure why he lost all his contacts. I just did a full reset on my Pre a couple of days ago. Once it was done, I logged back on to my Palm Profile, and all the contacts, calendar, etc. were right back. P.S. I did have to copy all my pics and music files to my computer first. The USB storage is not backed up on the cloud.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I just installed my first patch via Preware! Woot!

Quick question: How do I know if the patch is updated to AUPT V3?
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    I just installed my first patch via Preware! Woot!

Quick question: How do I know if the patch is updated to AUPT V3?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $all$ $patches$ $on$ $Preware$ $have$ $been$ $updated$ $to$ $include$ $AUPT$-$3$ $as$ $of$ $approximately$ $a$ $week$ $ago$. $You$ $should$ $be$ $good$ $to$ $go$.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"