Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok i had the same problem and doctor did not fix. but after you doctor it. go to device info. and do a partial erase. it worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    So just running webos doctor without doing a full erase removes none of the patches?
    It removes none of the patch package data. None of the patches will be applied to the OS files though.

Packaging data is stored on the media partition which isn't touched by the doctor.

The effect of installing a patch installs the packaging data to the media partition as well as modifies the Operating System files on the root partiion.

What each does:

• Doctor re-installs all OS files on the root partition but doesn't touch the media partition
    • Partial Erase wipes all package data from the media partition (i.e. all packages include app catalog apps, homebrew apps, patches, services etc...)
    • Full Erase completely wipes the media partition including packaging data as well as all pictures, music etc...

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    The partial erase didn't even remove my patches. WTFFFFF
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Great, I'm in this boat, too. Should be fun. But wouldn't updating to 1.4 just overwrite all of this anyway?

I uninstalled the theme and ran EPR and it thought it removed everything. Up to this point, 3 of my patches were unable to be updated OR removed.

Edit: Ran partial erase. Still re-syncing a bunch of apps. Lost all the homebrew goodies, Tweed's beta and still the hacks are still running....
    Last edited by M3wThr33; 02/26/2010 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    try the link in my signature. it should be of some help
    Thanks DrewJohn,
    but I'm only up to 7 posts, so I can't see the Corrupt Patch removal link.

I have 6 patches that show up in WOSQI and PreWare that neither can remove due to various errors, most of them "Unreversed".

Thanks,
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRoach View Post
    Thanks DrewJohn,
    but I'm only up to 7 posts, so I can't see the Corrupt Patch removal link.

I have 6 patches that show up in WOSQI and PreWare that neither can remove due to various errors, most of them "Unreversed".

Thanks,
    Chris
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/211135-corrupt-patch-removal-steps-post1994414.html#post1994414

COPY AND PASTE THE ABOVE LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12