1.    #1  
    I am trying to transfer files to and from my Pre using WebOS Quickinstall. When I hook my Pre to my computer is recognizes the device and lets me select just charge. When I go to Quick install it acts like the device is not connected. I have tried this on 2 different computers so I'm pretty sure it's something with the device. Anyone have this experience or know how to fix this issue? Not having preware really sucks!! Thanks for the help in advance!

Rob
    There are two important steps that you need to take to ensure that your device is recognized.

1) Ensure your Palm device is in Developer mode
    2) In WebOS Quickinstall make sure you select File->Options->Novacom (re)installation

Let me know if this doesn't work and we'll go from there,
    SqyArc
    Make sure you have
    - orca (windows sdk) & novacom installed onto your computer
    Check in your Device manager make sure your palm is showing up
    Also, make sure you've got the right version of Quick Install that supports your version of WebOS
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
    And, make sure you have a palm usb cord. I read that the third party usb cords don't allow quickinstall to recognize it.
    Ive Had That Problem And I Figured Out Why. Its The Actually USB Cable. After A While, Mines Start To Act Up. Im On My 3rd One. My Sons Mother Has The Pre (A Newer One Than Mine) And I Had To Start Using Hers Cuz Mine Was Acting Up. It Would Charge The Phone, But Wouldnt Allow The Computer To Pick It Up! After A While, Her USB Started Acting Up Too! So Now We Got A New One And Its Working Fine. I Recommend Trying A New Cable. Maybe Its Just Me

I Think This Should Be Looked Into Tho. Maybe Jason (Being The Great Man That He Is) Can Look Into It And See If Its True.