Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    this is no stretch of the truth. i have dropped my pre at LEAST 3 times from waist level onto the concrete. i started to make my bed one day, didn't realize the pre was lying there, i snatched the comfoorter up and my pre went flying at least 7 feet in the air and hit the floor.. lucky this was carpet.. but still.. and just about 10 minutes ago i was making a run for the train and somehow i didn't secure my pre in the holster and as i was about to reach the stairs up to the platform.. SMACK! there was my pre lying on the concrete.. needless to say that though i still had time to make the train.. i didn't.. i had to tend to my baby right there on the spot.. my pre has some horrific battle wounds on it's edges and back.. and a scratch on the screen that can only be seen at certain angles.. oh and some of the silver paint on the "earpiece" is chipped away.. the phone still works flawlessly.. no oreo.. though i've never tried to twist it to see.. never understood why people would twist their phones to see if it would twist.. boggles my mind.. but back to the topic.. aside from some cosmetic eye sores.. my pre is still truckin! 35 patches and multiple apps and all.. i love my pre!
    Jeez.
    Talk about tough love, haha.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Jeez.
    Talk about tough love, haha.
    lol.. saddening.. it hurts me more than it hurt sir thaddeous prprpr&#$275$; $nuderschmidt$ $II$ ($the$ $second$ $name$ $i$ $gave$ $my$ $pre$)
    If your pre cracks or breaks no complainin lol
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    If your pre cracks or breaks no complainin lol
    wouldn't be surprised if it just shattered into little tiny pieces like in cartoons lol
    d.moss, I am with you, my Pre looks like it has had a couple tours through Iraq and Afghans. I have crashed it at least 5-7 times getting out of my car....i forget its setting on my lap while existing the car, only to see it going in the air and crashing to the concrete ground, the worst feeling ever but it is still working just fine.

I was hoping at one time that the thing would have some type of internal issue, hoping to get it replaced, not so lucky and I have come to accept my baby is built to last and I am one lucky guy.
    Built ford tough lol
    My Pre has suffered similar abuse, maybe even more than what you have mentioned and aside from some scuff marks on bottom and top of the Pre it is still working fine and dandy. (I have a launch day Pre)
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    lol.. saddening.. it hurts me more than it hurt sir thaddeous prprpr&#$275$; $nuderschmidt$ $II$ ($the$ $second$ $name$ $i$ $gave$ $my$ $pre$)
    I named this pre "Rachel" mainly to bug my girlfriend.

"Honey what are you doing"

Messing around with Rachel......
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I named this pre "Rachel" mainly to bug my girlfriend.

"Honey what are you doing"

Messing around with Rachel......
    my gf would get so angry at me for this lol
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Lmao .....
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i too have a launch day pre and just as RoverNole i am hoping that one of my drops cause an internal problem so i can get it replaced for free lol.. if not i'm probably just gonna "lose" it so i can get another one for $100
    i too have a launch day pre and just as RoverNole i am hoping that one of my drops cause an internal problem so i can get it replaced for free lol.. if not i'm probably just gonna "lose" it so i can get another one for $100
    Insurance fraud.
    Hmm now I want to name my Pre.... Suggestions
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Insurance fraud.
    but of course not! i would never.. put anything in the hands of my step son and mysterious things tend to happen to them.. not my fault in any way if it comes up missing. rotflmao! ah good stuff..
    Sir Thaddeous PrPrPr&#$275$; $Nuderschmidt$ $II$? $Is$ $your$ $Pr$&#$275$; $in$ $line$ $for$ $the$ $Prussian$ $throne$, $or$ $something$?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I have yet to drop this Pre. Got it in October... I baby it!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    you messed up the best pre ever built!!! go to hell!!
    :-D
    u better brought it to a museum or sth..
    You are lucky. I baby my pre and this is my 3rd one.
    I had a launch day Pre also and was very happy with it until the external speaker stopped working and I got a free refurb from Sprint and its not as good as the last one because this one seems slower and it gets very hot very fast.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast