Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I'm sure many of you have been following this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ore-1-4-a.html

    I do have a question regarding the AUPT and its application. In the above thread Jason Robitaille says:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille
    ...
    All I can say publicly is WebOS Quick Install is fully AUPT-ready. Opening up the Tweaks sections after an OTA update will trigger a special Update Helper.

    Every .patch file installed with WOSQI will be removed, and if possible, reapplied. After that, the Update Helper will update any non-updated WebOS-Internals patch feed patches.
    ...
    This is the first I have seen what the "process" is to take advantage of AUPT.

    Does anyone know what the "process" will be with Preware? Has this been documented somewhere and I've just managed to completely miss it?

    (I understand there may currently be issues with Preware in 1.4, I would like not to hash those again in this thread.)
  2. #2  
    I, too, would be very interested in knowing this.

    Thank you for an excellent question.
  3. #3  
    The Update Helper is just that, a helper. The AUPT scripts are very versatile.

    In Preware, I believe what happens if you'll see all the WebOS-Patches feed packages having updates and you just need to hit "Update All".

    Keep in mind this leaves .patch files installed via WOSQI in a "bad" state (may or may not be still working after update). So you'll want to open up WOSQI and open the Tweaks section for the update helper to move over the rest of the patch if possible.

    One alternative for those .patch files installed with WOSQI is to just uninstall it via Preware. Then attempt reinstalling the .patch file next time that you're at your computer.

    Hell, you can even just uninstall all patches manually after an OTA update. Egaudet's AUPT scripts are just that good
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Hell, you can even just uninstall all patches manually after an OTA update. Egaudet's AUPT scripts are just that good
    I think that's exactly what some people needed to hear.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The Update Helper is just that, a helper. The AUPT scripts are very versatile.

    In Preware, I believe what happens if you'll see all the WebOS-Patches feed packages having updates and you just need to hit "Update All".

    Keep in mind this leaves .patch files installed via WOSQI in a "bad" state (may or may not be still working after update). So you'll want to open up WOSQI and open the Tweaks section for the update helper to move over the rest of the patch if possible.

    One alternative for those .patch files installed with WOSQI is to just uninstall it via Preware. Then attempt reinstalling the .patch file next time that you're at your computer.

    Hell, you can even just uninstall all patches manually after an OTA update. Egaudet's AUPT scripts are just that good

    Thanks Jason -- helpful as always!!! If all patches were installed via Preware I would assume the ".patch files installed via WOSQI in a 'bad' state" is not an issue though, correct?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I think that's exactly what some people needed to hear.
    That's all I wanted to hear Thanks Jason!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  7. #7  
    I've only ever used WEBOSQI. Since Jason is watching this thread, In QI, I used the option to change my dialer background, but I haven't fully themed my phone. Does that count as a theme that would need to be removed?

    The only patch I'm worried about is the one to rename launcher pages. I did an update all for the patches in QI yesterday, and when I restarted luna, all the launcher pages were blank. Since I could see the blank name field as well, I uninstalled that patch and when I rebooted, then everything was fine. I've reinstalled it and its working properly now. I'll also uninstall the iphone spoof patch, as it's something I'm not sure I like and not one I'd want to get stuck with, tho I know we are never really stuck with the webos doctor.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  8. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #8  
    I am a little slow.

    I have some patches applied with Preware and others with WEBOSQI. All are up to date aupt-3. I have run Emergency File Verification and am clean with the exception of the blacklist.mount thing.

    Am I good to go with 1.4 or would I be prudent to uninstall all patches and reinstall them with WEBOSQI only for now?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I am a little slow.

    I have some patches applied with Preware and others with WEBOSQI. All are up to date aupt-3. I have run Emergency File Verification and am clean with the exception of the blacklist.mount thing.

    Am I good to go with 1.4 or would I be prudent to uninstall all patches and reinstall them with WEBOSQI only for now?
    You are good to go.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions