Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i have the same thing , i guessed that the pre shrinks the image to make it smaller for the MMS.. didn't find a way around it :-(
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
    i have the same thing , i guessed that the pre shrinks the image to make it smaller for the MMS.. didn't find a way around it :-(
    It doesnt shrink it when it sends it via MMS, try sending the pic from a Pre to another handset and you will receive the full image, its only when the Pre receives an image that you get a thumbnail instead of a decent sized picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    It doesnt shrink it when it sends it via MMS, try sending the pic from a Pre to another handset and you will receive the full image, its only when the Pre receives an image that you get a thumbnail instead of a decent sized picture.
    More accurately - it's when a Pre receives an image FROM THE O2 INBOUND SERVER that you get a thumbnail.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  4.    #24  
    yeah sorry should have mentioned that to avoid confusion :-) seems some peeps are starting to get 1.4, might fix the problem as others reported that the mms problem started after 1.3.5.*? Can't confirm that myself as didn't use mms before that update
    yeah sorry should have mentioned that to avoid confusion :-) seems some peeps are starting to get 1.4, might fix the problem as others reported that the mms problem started after 1.3.5.*? Can't confirm that myself as didn't use mms before that update
    I'm running 1.3.5.2 here and, as you know, have no such problem. I think the OS version is probably red herring.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  6.    #26  
    Any lucky 1.4 ers about on O2 yet to test the MMS problem?
    Definately an O2 thing, not fixed in webOS 1.4.0
    i can also not recieve wavs as mms at the moment. Anyone else having that problem?
    hi all, i did send an mms to another phone. and they get it as a shrinked image??!!

i hope this is not an issue that is happening between my palm and my carrier.

i'll look into it again.

when my wife sends me mms's (from HD2) i get in high quality (same carrier).

i'll do more test, since i just updated to 1.4
  10.    #30  
    Been on the phone to O2 again, network engineers were hoping 1.4 would fix the issues, guess what it didnt, it added another, video MMS failure. When are O2 going to stop blaming Palm and admit its them at fault as proved by the O2-Virgin Pre tests.
    Get on the phone to O2 and let them know you are not happy like i have done several times, we need to keep this problem alive and upfront in O2's heads.
    mine is ok
    I am seeing this in the US on Sprint as well. I had my wife MMS me a pic and then email me the same pic. The MMS pic was a much smaller resolution that the emailed pic, by a lot (I did this a week ago so I don't have the exact numbers). I thought to myself that this must be something Sprint is doing to reduce data traffic on their network. I was running 1.3.5.1 at the time. I have not tried this again since 1.4 was released, but I don't expect the see any changes in this behavior. If you want the full size picture then send it via email. That seems to be the only way around this, that I have found.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by menace56 View Post
    mine is ok
    Carrie/location/WebOs version??
    If on O2 are you saying that if you take a picture with your Pre and MMS it to yourself the received image is of the same/similar quality?
    What is the resolution of the sent/received image.
    Again if on O2 can you take a video and MMS it to yourself?
    no on both counts, the image recieved is 120x120, thumbnail size.
  15.    #35  
    so you do have problems, 120x120 is tiny compared to the original image much smaller than images sent and received from my old n95 and my mates iphone also on O2
    I can confirm my MMS for pictures is now fully working (GSM Pre on O2). Received the same high quality picture i sent to myself, no blurry thumbnails with blurry exposure.

Will update after testing video...

EDIT: Meh, video sent and *received* but stated message was corrupted, may be a one off thing, will test later, atleast its good to know Photos are working via MMS again.
    Last edited by Adam Carr; 03/03/2010 at 03:13 PM.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    I can confirm my MMS for pictures is now fully working (GSM Pre on O2). Received the same high quality picture i sent to myself, no blurry thumbnails with blurry exposure.

Will update after testing video...
    Did you get much of a delay between sending and receiving??
    Did you get much of a delay between sending and receiving??
    Standard delay if you ask me, was only around a minute tops before i go.

Well that lasted...Tried again and i havent received the message yet.
  19.    #39  
    Makes me wonder if O2 are having a tinker? Sent myself a picture, didnt receive it, sent myself a video, did receive but cant play it, Mrs tried to send me a pic from her E71 (O2) wont send?
    That might be the case, i managed to send a video and received but came as corrupted.

Trying again (Here goes nothing)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast