1.    #1  
    Seems like guy hardly knows anything.

Why I Dumped My Palm Pre Plus After A Month
    Geez ... looks like they let just about *anyone* on the internet these days

Bur seriously ... he sounds pretty clueless. Complaining about 16 hours of battery life?
    1.The touchscreen is atrocious. Having to hit the call or hang up button six times for the press to register made me want to throw the Pre against the wall on a daily basis. (This is probably something relating to the OS or memory or something, but when I tapped the touchscreen, it didn't work the way it was supposed to. So I'm blaming the touchscreen.
    -----He is 100% right on this point
    -
    Editing text is atrocious. Again, Palm should have just stolen the magnifying glass from Apple. Instead, I have to hold down the gray (orange on original Pres) key and try to move the cursor slowly. I ended up just erasing whole words and re-typing
    -
    The battery life is atrocious. The device would barely last the 16 hours between when I left for work and when I returned home. If I missed a charge, the phone went dead.
    ------He is 100% right on this front

Now I disagree with his general assesment of the phone and his post is driven by what seems by anger as many of my posts have, but he has valid points that should not be ignored.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I agree with VickMackey's points... I too have these exact problems with my Pre.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    1.The touchscreen is atrocious. Having to hit the call or hang up button six times for the press to register made me want to throw the Pre against the wall on a daily basis. (This is probably something relating to the OS or memory or something, but when I tapped the touchscreen, it didn't work the way it was supposed to. So I'm blaming the touchscreen.
    -
    Editing text is atrocious. Again, Palm should have just stolen the magnifying glass from Apple. Instead, I have to hold down the gray (orange on original Pres) key and try to move the cursor slowly. I ended up just erasing whole words and re-typing
    -
    The battery life is atrocious. The device would barely last the 16 hours between when I left for work and when I returned home. If I missed a charge, the phone went dead.

Now I disagree with his general assesment of the phone and his post is driven by what seems by anger as many of my posts have, but he has valid points that should not be ignored.
    Press and hold the call/answer/hang button works every time, 60% of the time. Just kidding, it actually does work 99% of the time for me and I think they designed it as press and hold on purpose.

I don't find text editing so bad.

Battery life is about same as iphone. Can't blam palm for battery technology.
    I don't understand the point of these hit pieces.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The phone has had issues since release. Don't blame Agarwal for bringing them up. Blame Palm for not fixing them. I am so unbelievably tired of the "Palm is a small struggling company" argument. They're not a charity or a not-for-profit. They're in the business of making phones, if they can't do it as well as other companies or do it as quickly they are not going to be around very long.

It's not a hit piece. It's one guy's experience with the Pre over 30 days. And it's fairly accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    -
    -

I agree with all of these but battery life - that's par for the course I presume since I don't have an Iphone. Of course it is worse than a dumb phone.

And trying to edit text is an absolute waste of time. I just hit the touchscreen to insert the cursor and then erase to where I want to start over. The orange button/move cursor implementation works very poorly.
    I have had no problems with the screen being responsvie. Better life could be better....But that guy is getting paid. Did you notice the photo he had of the pre is not even teh palm pre plus. It was teh sprint version. I love my phone have not had any issues. This guy is embellishing!!! 6 times to hit the screen??? I enjoy emailing and sending text...keyboard is great, responsive

His critique was paid for by the following........lol
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Seems like guy hardly knows anything.

Why I Dumped My Palm Pre Plus After A Month
    I have found that it is easier for me to swipe the Phone card away to hang up instead of trying to press the End button.
    with every update the OS does get snappier, i used to press call and there was sucha lag that i thought that it i missed the button completely and would press again only to hang up on the person, there has since been dramatic improvement..

so lag? yea

Big lag, not anymore

lag worth B**tching about ? not really.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I think we will start seeing more of these critical reviews now that the phone has been out for a while. Palm has had plenty of time to fix some of these fundamental problems -- especially the lag. They seem to be more interested in 3D games though.

If Palm does not fix the lag and "too many cards problem" pronto they are going to get eaten up in these kinds of reviews.

As much as I love WebOS, I am reluctant to recommend one to friends who are not as forgiving as me.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I think we will start seeing more of these critical reviews now that the phone has been out for a while. Palm has had plenty of time to fix some of these fundamental problems -- especially the lag. They seem to be more interested in 3D games though.

If Palm does not fix the lag and "too many cards problem" pronto they are going to get eaten up in these kinds of reviews.

As much as I love WebOS, I am reluctant to recommend one to friends who are not as forgiving as me.
    the focus on 3D games will actually help solve lag.. Noone wants to spend 10 bucks on a aggy game.. Optimazation is coming people..
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    The touchscreen is fine, I have always blamed the phone app itself as just not being good enough. Probably my #1 complaint about the phone right now, so yes I can see how that turned him off. The touch screen works excellent in other areas though so to straight blame the touchscreen makes little sense to me.

Copy/paste and text editing is not that hard to me.

I just have a big problem with the guys attitude towards the whole thing overall. It's very uninformed and he backs that up with his response to one of the comments. He talks about how Palm is to busy focusing on Flash 10.1. *** is that? Adobe does that, and they are doing that for Android and his future Nexus One as well.