1.    #1  
    Last night I picked up my pre and it wouldn't respond to the power button or turning on at all. I did a battery pull and it finally booted up. I stepped away and when i came back later it was still at the Palm logo so I did another battery pull. It then boot up into the normal start page and I thought everything was fine again.

This morning I pull the phone off the touchstone after charging all night and it's at the blinking Palm logo again. It doesn't appear to be frozen because the logo is pulsing and everyone 10 seconds or so it will flash on the screen VERY briefly "Updating the System, No not remove battery"

What the hell is going on? If the phone is stuck I want to reset it so I can use it again but if it's really updating the system I don't want to f' it up. It's been going for over 10 minutes now doing the same thing.

This is a Sprint phone I've had for months.
  2.    #2  
    Been 25 minutes now that I've noticed (not sure how long it was going before I woke up)
    have you homebrewed, mine did the same thing and i had to doctor it. fixed it as good as new
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Had this issue 2-3x in last 1 month that I had my Palm pre plus. I had to pull battery to restart. Any idea what the cause is? The option-shift-r didn't do squat. This is a bit disconcerting. I only homebrewed over this weekend for the first time. But I think it happened once or twice before I homebrewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    Had this issue 2-3x in last 1 month that I had my Palm pre plus. I had to pull battery to restart. Any idea what the cause is? The option-shift-r didn't do squat. This is a bit disconcerting. I only homebrewed over this weekend for the first time. But I think it happened once or twice before I homebrewed.
    Same thing is going on with my PRE right now.. I did homebrew.. any advice would be most welcome.. .I want my phone back..:-) thank you