1.    #1  
    A friend and I both have a Palm Pre (Sprint). When we stand right next to each other and both open Google Maps, their phone finds EXACTLY where they are, but mine cannot and instead shows the big blue circle and has the center in the wrong place on the map. Is this fixable? What could be causing it?

No matter how many times we did this - and in different locations - it was the same each time.

Also I updated my PRL settings and it still has the issue!
    Last edited by 6tr6tr; 02/22/2010 at 10:22 AM.
  2.    #2  
    For anyone having a similar issue...I *think* I've fixed this (so far seems to be correct).

1. Open the Phone App (this is the green numberpad where you make phone calls)
    2. Open the "Sprint" Menu in the upper left corner and select "Preferences"
    3. Scroll down to the bottom and select "Update PRL"
    4. Scroll down to the bottom and select "Update Network"

That should do it!
    also go to the location settings on the phone. make sure you have GPS turned on and go to preferences and make sure goole location is also turned on. i noticed that with that on google maps works a lot better
    i also have that problem but i don't have a fellow pre owner 2 test against but when i open google maps it tells me im about 5miles away when im at home,strange tho because i tested it once on a trip 2 work and it gave me my exact location?it must not like my flat hahaha
    Location settings -> drop down menu -> locate me using -> Google Services AND GPS
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Location settings -> drop down menu -> locate me using -> Google Services AND GPS
    Nope, already was checked. That wasn't the issue.