1.    #1  
    Hi,

I hope this little Guide is legal and hasn't been here before, but after looking around the forums I finally found a way to at least install the 3D Game Demos that are available in the US as I did not want to wait till March to find all of my Pre's capabilities.

I will NOT show how to download full games for free!

This Post describes how to download ALL free Applications from the Catalog, even if you are outside of the US:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2238933

I simply used it for Assassins Creed Demo ( its in the Palm Catalog, com.gameloft.app.assassinsfree ), copied it over to my Pre and installed it via ipkg -o /media/cryptofs install com.gameloft* in a Terminal. Using WebOSQuickInstall did NOT work for me, I'm not sure why.

Implementing this procedure into Preware would be nice, as there is no reason to NOT download free apps in other countries then the US.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Using this method you can download and install ANY FREE app (some apps that are released for geographical dependencies, like - Slacker Radio, DirecTV, pandora ant etc... will not work of course).

But you will be able to install free apps that don't show in App Catalog (because it's completely empty or you can only see couple hundred apps)
    thanks, will try it!
    Palm IIIe > Sony S300 > Sony N700 > Sony TG50 > Sony TH55 > Trēo 680 > Palm Prē > Palm Prē 2 (GSM) + Veer
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I've got a question concering the installation process. When I put the file onto the usb partion of my pre and try to install it via terminal it always gives me an error that a file with that particular name is not existing... Anyone knows how to fix this?

thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    You have to be in the /media/internal/ folder
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    And where do I find this directory?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    In Terminal enter following command:

Code:
    cd /media/internal/
    I would recomend using WebOSQuickInstall on your computer, it's much easier and faster...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks alot!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I've tried installing asphalt and assasin's creed via both quick install and the terminal and neither result in the apps showing up in my launcher (despite everything seeming to work). What gives?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Try to restart the phone (or just Luna) and it should show up
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    Try to restart the phone (or just Luna) and it should show up
    Tried many variations of this before posting and it didn't work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, is there some command you have to run to get it to rescan the apps or something? I seem to remember reading about this a while ago.