1.    #1  
    I can't delete music from my pre. When it's in USB mode, the music folder is empty. When I have doubletwist up, it says there is no music on my pre, it only recognizes my photos. Can anyone help?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmaini View Post
    I can't delete music from my pre. When it's in USB mode, the music folder is empty. When I have doubletwist up, it says there is no music on my pre, it only recognizes my photos. Can anyone help?
    Did you sync your music with iTunes? iTunes doesn't sync to the Music folder - it syncs to a "hidden" folder that you might need to enable viewing of. If you did use iTunes, it might just be easier for you to delete the songs in iTunes.
    Are you using a mac? If so delete the Trash folder on your Pre because all your music is still in there.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4.    #4  
    i did sync with itunes. i didnt think can delete from itunes now that it doesnt recognize the pre...i will try though. and im not using a mac
    you need to look around for hidden folders in the usb drive and look for some folder with itunes name and delete!
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    i did sync with itunes. i didnt think can delete from itunes now that it doesnt recognize the pre...i will try though. and im not using a mac
    If you've already update iTunes to a current version, you're correct - you won't be able to delete from within iTunes. You'll either need to delete your current version from iTunes, and reinstall an older version (you can download older versions from Old Version of iTunes Download - OldApps.com) OR, just enable viewing of hidden folders on your computer. It's very easy to do this, but the method varies depending upon which operating system you are using. If you don't know how, and don't feel like googling for it, post back what operating system you are using, and I'll try to walk you through how to do it - it's not hard, and won't have any negative effect on your computer.
  7.    #7  
    ok thank you everyone! Im sure enabling hidden file view will work but now when i plug my phone to my comp it automatically charges and does not give me the option to go into usb mode...anyone know what to do?
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ok thank you everyone! Im sure enabling hidden file view will work but now when i plug my phone to my comp it automatically charges and does not give me the option to go into usb mode...anyone know what to do?
    Rebooting the phone will typically take care of that issue for you.
  9.    #9  
    thanks a lot! Problem solved! =D