Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A friend of mine has an Iphone, when i send him mms images the quality is fine, if he sends me an image it terrible, it comes out at 48x64 pixels!!!!!
    If he sends the same image to another Iphone the quality looks fine?
    Anyone else encountered this.
    UK O2 GMS Pre by the way

EDIT: this seems like a Pre problem :-(
    Try sending an MMS picture to yourself, check the recieved quality it is absolutely c**p.
    Whats the point if you cant even make out what the picture is supposed to be!!!!!!!!

Oh and its nothing to do with the outgoing mesage compression because as mentioned Pre pictures sent to an iphone look fine..................

Sharpcroft
    Last edited by sharpcroft; 02/22/2010 at 05:20 AM.
    Just tested it and came out fine for me. Not sure what the problem is. Only thing can think of is that the auto-correction isn't w*rking for you.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    ive got the same problem. if my girlfriend sends me one from her pre its very poor quality and vice versa
  4.    #4  
    Auto correction??
    Hi

Registered just to add my name to the list.

UK O2 palm pre owner, Ive tried sending an mms to my self and the quality and size of the pic is very bad.

First noticed this when receiving MMS messages from an Iphone but after completing the above test realised it was the pre doing this.

Any ideas if o2 are aware of the issue?
    Glad it's not just me!!

I have the same problem - 02 GSM pre

Do you also have the issue that when you are on the phone, you loose Data connection, even if you have 3G?
    I have a Sprint Pre, and do not have this issue. Maybe it's an 02 thing.
    Last edited by laelipoo; 02/22/2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: hit enter too early.
  8.    #8  
    Looks like its an O2 thing, i've doctored my phone, upgraded to 1.3.5.2 and same result, even tried a "spare" Pre i have knocking about (due to multiple replacements) and got the same result.
    Spoke to O2 earlier and they say they have not heard of it, will ring them again to let them know its not isolated, be good to see how many other Pre owners have the same problem and which carrier they are on
    Auto correct. Not sure if right term for it but if you notice after opening a pic it is a tad blurry then clears up. Think that would be the auto-correction.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    A friend of mine has an Iphone, when i send him mms images the quality is fine, if he sends me an image it terrible, it comes out at 48x64 pixels!!!!!
    If he sends the same image to another Iphone the quality looks fine?
    Anyone else encountered this.
    UK O2 GMS Pre by the way

EDIT: this seems like a Pre problem :-(
    Try sending an MMS picture to yourself, check the recieved quality it is absolutely c**p.
    Whats the point if you cant even make out what the picture is supposed to be!!!!!!!!

Oh and its nothing to do with the outgoing mesage compression because as mentioned Pre pictures sent to an iphone look fine..................

Sharpcroft
    This is most likely due to the Automatic O2 APN settings.

By default images are compressed on the web browser via 3G (save time & bandwith), perhaps the functionality has crossed over and MMS images are also being compressed.

I am not sure if you are on an O2 contract or not, but you need the "Bypass" O2 APN settings, which gives full quality images over 3G, and see if that resolves your problem.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    MMS settings (could be and the compression or GW for sending them) are disclosed and could be edited in the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file.
  12.    #12  
    yep im on O2, how do i find these settings? is it something that O2 can adjust at their end or do i need to manually "edit" these settings
    maybe its a GMS Carriers problem because im from mexico (Telcel GSM), and i have the same problem with my pre.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    So changing "max size" setting in phone's preferences won't help?
    On my Pre max size is set to 300 kB.
    I talked with my carrier's (Sonera) tech support about the problems with another phone and "while we were at it" I asked about this max size setting, too.
    He strongly recommended to leave the setting as it were, since "that size is optimized for the network" (for Sonera's network, anyway). Believe or not.
    Haven't tried to change the setting, so I can't say if it has any effect to anything.
  15.    #15  
    problem is the APN settings on a gsm O2 Pre are automatic, you can set manual APN values but none of the ones i could find work, as mentioned in an earlier reply sending a MMS from a GSM pre with a different carrier (virgin) works fine so O2 are at fault
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    both of my phones are on o2. Its not the auto correct function for those who mentioned it, this is something completely different.

Its only been happening since 1.3.5 as I used to send them ok before this
    hmm, im on sprint and dont have this problem, however have had friends with issues on gsm doing this. if it is a glitch with 1.3.5 then fear not 1.4 is do quite soon i hear
    Palm prē-ist.
  18.    #18  
    O2 contacted me again and there is now an investigation going on that i should get a result from in 5 days, at least they now accept there is a fault
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    hmm, im on sprint and dont have this problem, however have had friends with issues on gsm doing this. if it is a glitch with 1.3.5 then fear not 1.4 is do quite soon i hear
    this does seem to be a GSM problem only but more specific an O2 GSM problem as tests using non O2 GSM sims do not display the same problem
    i mean it was a problem here with people on att and tmobile in the past with other phones receiving pics. but if it only started when 1.3.5 hit then thats prolly the culprit. go to palms site and see if you can find the revert to 1.1(but then no patches or apps will work prolly other than preloaded) and try it out if you have the desire, otherwise 1.4 is coming so u can see if that is addressed in it.
    Palm prē-ist.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast