Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last month Palm mentioned that all WebOS phones will be updated to 1.4 in Feb 2010.

So if the WebOS 1.4 releases in USA this week, then it should also release for the GSM phones in Europe, too.

What do you guys think?
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I asked in palm support, the guy said US first, tested, then Europe. Poo!
    Unlikely.

So far the UK has been lagging behind.

Given that the European App Catalog is due to go live with paid apps in March I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the update delayed until then.
    I hope it will be same day.
    their CEO said YES, but it will play out as NO

So its likely that we'll get it in march.
  6.    #6  
    So Palm considers European Market as secondary.

Are they making big profits from US market? I thought US was in big recession. Companies were running in losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    So Palm considers European Market as secondary.

Are they making big profits from US market? I thought US was in big recession. Companies were running in losses.
    Majority of the sales are from U.S, sad but true.

Heck, we only have the Palm Pre. The U.S get's Palm Pre, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi, Palm Pixi Plus, you get my drift.
    Been on the phone today to O2 for an unrelated problem (please read and add your comments)
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-quality.html
    During the process i mentioned that i hoped 1.4 would cure a lot of the teething problems, the fella from the O2 Pre team told me that 1.4 kicks off for them on 26th Feb, so a day after the fabled USA release date.

EDIT: see link below as above one broken
    Last edited by sharpcroft; 02/22/2010 at 09:04 AM.
    sorry couldnt get link to work, try this
    http://snipurl.com/mmsproblem
    So the 26th. Feb it is then. Well I am more looking forward to access to paid apps and with it all the 3D games that America is enjoying I would love to have access finally to some decent apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by wardie View Post
    Well I am more looking forward to access to paid apps and with it all the 3D games that America is enjoying I would love to have access finally to some decent apps.
    +1
    I'm not really asking for a "same day" release, but the last time we definitely had to wait way too long! A couple of days for testing is fine, everything else is just not fair and unnecessary.. in my opinion. I mean, over two weeks longer, that's just not right.
    i'm just ****ed of because they said 1.4 will be in feb and We are waitnig whole month, with everyday looking is this the day. they could said that is gona be in march and do it on the first, everybody will be filling mutch better then. For me its gona by march anyway cos I live in UK.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    hopefully we are going to get it anyways. not like the 1.2.1 update we've never seen..
    Roll out coordination is below par --- a "leading" software and hardware manufacturer isn't able to coordinate world wide roll out of software, can anyone tell me why? This is basic mathematics, isn't it...pheww I glad that my prprpr $does$ $work$ $around$ $the$ $clock$, $even$ $in$ $GMT$ +$1$ $LOL$
    I hope it comes out everywhere, or there are going to be a lot of new threads of, "when will it release in so and so country...."
    The firmware updates are produced by Palm and then given to the various networks. The networks then have to test that the changes will work on the network without issue. As various networks can take a different amount of time to test and report back issues and this can then take a further length of time to implement any changes needed by Palm, this will all equate to a staggered release date. Bearing this in mind it makes sense that Palm would release this to their domestic market first with the largest subscriber base to report back issues and learn from this to expediate the roll out to the other carriers.
    This is not the ideal but, but that is the way I see it.
    I think the release will be pretty close together, remember it was stated there would be a global release at the same time, so I would imagine this would include Europe as well.
    Spoke to customer service O2 rep. He states 1.4 will NOT be released on the same day, but on the next day however most likely Early Next Week at the latest.

The main thing is you wont be waiting weeks, just a matter of a few days at most.
    also should not forget the time zone differences between the US and Europe
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast