Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    also should not forget the time zone differences between the US and Europe
    Nor the difference of taste in music, food, and sexual activities.
    Rubinstein said at CES that 1.4 will be deliver to every pre and pixi on the planet on February. What that says to me is that it will happen at the same time.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
    Rubinstein said at CES that 1.4 will be deliver to every pre and pixi on the planet on February. What that says to me is that it will happen at the same time.
    I wonder is that's why its been "delayed" a week from the rumoured date of the 15th. It would figure that o2s involvement set it back, as with the other updates we've had.

Oh well I guess the next 24hours will shed light on the issue!
    If that is true, then the whole update model is wrong. Why does Apple publish its updates simultaneously all over the world?
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    If that is true, then the whole update model is wrong. Why does Apple publish its updates simultaneously all over the world?
    If what is true?
    Completely different. Because iPhone does not have operator costumized firmware/ROM. Whole iPhone's firmware are same and Apple publish same rom via iTunes from Cupertino (usually 8 A.M. Cupertino time)

As you know there are more than one Palm Pre's rom...
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    If what is true?
    I was answering to another post but somehow the quote wasn't included

I am talking about the way that Palm distributes its updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    Completely different. Because iPhone does not have operator costumized firmware/ROM. Whole iPhone's firmware are same and Apple publish same rom via iTunes from Cupertino (usually 8 A.M. Cupertino time)

As you know there are more than one Palm Pre's rom...
    So, there you have your solution....Palm should have one version of firmware
    So, there you have your solution....Palm should have one version of firmware
    and the iPhone only works on GSM networks. No CDMA for them - that makes the development a whole lot easier at the lower levels.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Yes, that is true but Palm chose this model and we all (at least in Europe) suffer under it...
    OTOH we have a very open phone, at least when it comes to homebrew apps and patches. This is something you cannot get on the iPhone
    Looks like we're getting our update on the same day after all! Palm WebOS Phones:Palm Pre and Pixi WebOS 1.4 Software...
    Quote Originally Posted by lexb View Post
    Looks like we're getting our update on the same day after all! Palm WebOS Phones:Palm Pre and Pixi WebOS 1.4 Software...
    What makes you say that? The announcement is for Sprint Customers only
    What makes you say that? The announcement is for Sprint Customers only
    Earlier in this thread someone already mentioned the 26th as a release date, and others were saying it would be the day after the US release (which we all thought would be the 25th). Who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by lexb View Post
    Earlier in this thread someone already mentioned the 26th as a release date, and others were saying it would be the day after the US release (which we all thought would be the 25th). Who knows
    Actually someone on the german forums at Palm Pre Forum - Palm Forum & Community wrote that he knows for sure that the update will come on the night from Monday to Tuesday.
    That would be March the 2nd.

and here is the link: http://www.preforum.de/news-ankuendi...ebruar-12.html
    Actually someone on the german forums at Palm Pre Forum - Palm Forum & Community wrote that he knows for sure that the update will come on the night from Monday to Tuesday.
    That would be March the 2nd.

and here is the link: WebOS Update auf 1.4 kommt im Februar - Seite 12 - Palm Pre Forum
    But he has no source, the others in this thread had their intel from O2. Anyhow, we're pretty safe when saying it will be released before the end of next week, just a couple of days...
    I think my pre might fall apart before 1.4
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    No, it was released in Vietnam first, at 10.33 local time.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-1-4-a-14.html
    According to the ipkg.preware.org logs, there was someone in Japan who got it just before you (or at least updated Preware before you). But they never posted anywhere that we saw

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am using a german pre in germany with WebOs 1.3.5.2 and the latest preware and some patches installed. No theme installed. Should i remove either the patches or the preware or can i just download and install the 1.4 update when it becomes available wihtout uninstalling anything.

Please advice me.

Thanks in advance,
    Chander
    Just proceed as you are!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast