Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hello guys, need help choosing pre on e-bay. I see the trend that some phones are 200 and some are 500. Both say "clean esn" so where is the truth - would i get in trouble if i pick cheaper one and try to activate it on non-sprint network?
    If you activate the phone on a non-Sprint network (I assume non-Sprint affiliate as well) you will only possibly get voice. You will never get data. CDMA is just too locked down for that.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    what about gsm? and whats going on with those prices? it is 3 times of a difference..
    because gsm is not available in the US they can charge whatever they want its basic capitalism
    i would recommend craigslist, here in my city i've seen them as low as $160 new with clean esn's and you can also get a chance to check them out first hand instead of by pictures. Who knows if the person selling the $200 Palm Pre has one that wobbles (oreo effect).. I would recommend asking for the ESN number before finalizing any deal this way you can call sprint and just simply ask them if the ESN is clean. It only takes a couple of minutes for them to run the number.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I meet people at the local Sprint store when selling my handsets through Craigslist. It allows the buyer to activate the phone immediately, and it gives them the knowledge that they're not getting scammed. I highly recommended that route, you know you won't get burned, cause if you don't like the phone, you can simply says 'thanks' and walk away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    I meet people at the local Sprint store when selling my handsets through Craigslist. It allows the buyer to activate the phone immediately, and it gives them the knowledge that they're not getting scammed. I highly recommended that route, you know you won't get burned, cause if you don't like the phone, you can simply says 'thanks' and walk away...
    that's a good idea too

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    My best advice is to be careful on eBay, don't fall for the TGTBT (too good to be true) trap and buy a device for half price. You may get a "deal", but there is a lot of risk that you are getting something with a bad esn (at best) or just plain stolen; or maybe you will get a deal?

treat eBay like a big flea market.

<the voice of experience>
    Paid $202 for mine on Ebay.
    It was new and never activated.
    With Paypal you can charge back if item is not as described.
    Buy from someone with a feedback record.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Paid $202 for mine on Ebay.
    It was new and never activated.
    With Paypal you can charge back if item is not as described.
    Buy from someone with a feedback record.
    +1 on using paypal and even ebay buyer protection. good luck, i got my 300$, brand new in a sealed box, never had no problem, clean esn pre off ebay.
    I have purchased two Pre's and a Pixi off ebay, no problems. Make sure it states clean esn and the seller has good feedback 99% or better with 100+ sales.
    Well?
    Check your messages .
    Last edited by detroit11; 02/22/2010 at 08:07 PM.