1.    #1  
    of Bawls? I have been very lucky in the past, have removed everything before the update releases. Have had very few problems other than VKB and I gave up on that one until after 1.4. My big question is do I remove patches before the big release or hope that all the changes have eliminated the need??????

I appreciate all the things our Guru's have done and I have followed their recomendations precisely. Am I taking a chance???
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    well i personally trust them since theyve never steered me wrong but its up to you whether you want to just remove them like before the AUPT to avoid that 1% margin of error or not and as for the vkb have you tried deleting the vkb file in usb mode then reinstalling?
    **** the patches, u waste more time removing them than just do a full wipe, such a pet peeve
    Also do a search and see what others do. I have seen at least 10-20 of these threads this past week.

I am going to remove everything on Wednesday night and do a wipe.
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
  5.    #5  
    I think I am with you, I would like to see us go through 1 or 2 upgrades before I trust this. I think the developers have done a great job, but would rather not be on bleeding edge, just leading edge. Thanks for input.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    Also do a search and see what others do. I have seen at least 10-20 of these threads this past week.

6.    #6  
    You picked Wednesday night, I guess I thought we would get 1.4 this morning, so are you predicting Thursday morning at the drop date?

Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post

according to one of the front page articles of this site, the rollout for the 1.4 update will start feb 25th(thurs)
    Urgent Announcement on Patch Removal BEFORE 1.4http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ore-1-4-a.html
    Thread was started about 15 mins before yours.

I might just wing it and see what happens.
  9.    #9  
    I have never done a total wipe and restore yet, maybe I might do that and follow your path? I guess 3 days to agonize? Be well and thanks for input.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Urgent Announcement on Patch Removal BEFORE 1.4http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ore-1-4-a.html
    Thread was started about 15 mins before yours.

I might just wing it and see what happens.