Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I realize this has probably been discussed before, but to avoid others being rude and complaining that I am trolling and "necroposting" when I dig up a previous thread that pertains to what I am asking, I am starting a new thread.

I downloaded the zip file with the Treo alert tones that someone had posted here. Can someone please tell me how to assign different tones to my Pre? I would prefer to have different tones for incoming text messages, for calendar reminders, for incoming mail, for low battery, but I have no idea how to set these. Under Sounds and Ringtones, there's only one option for system sounds. Any advice would be appreciated!
    It requires a patch, 'Select Alert and Notification Tones'.

Text messages can be set from the Pref menu under Messaging.
    You'll need a homebrew to do those things. Search the homebrews. I think the "My Notification" app does this for you but it's been a while..........
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    im glad u started this thread because the whole system sounds just doesnt cut it. although i dont wish to use the treo alert tones. i would like to have different tones for different system alerts.

i used the tones per contact patch before; witch allows for an mms alert tone to be different from other system tones. however, i like animemom, would like customizable alert tones for different system alerts.

EDIT: the select alert and notification tone does not do what i want. it might help the op. i want a low bat, email, calendar reminders, not to mention message tones for different contacts..
    Last edited by Fitz39; 02/22/2010 at 10:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    bump...
  6.    #6  
    All rightie.. I guess I'll venture in the brand new world of patches and see if I don't mess things up too badly! Will report back soon. Thanks, and wish me luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    All rightie.. I guess I'll venture in the brand new world of patches and see if I don't mess things up too badly! Will report back soon. Thanks, and wish me luck!
    I felt the same way. I was pretty scared of doing it but it is super easy to do.

Follow the guide under precentral articles with the preware option and you will be a pro in no time.
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    I felt the same way. I was pretty scared of doing it but it is super easy to do.

Follow the guide under precentral articles with the preware option and you will be a pro in no time.
    I also felt trepidation trying homebrew and preware but it really was easy. And the patches have added a lot more functionality that i personally find useful.
    Good luck
    Christa
    wife, mother, nerd and proud of it
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I only got my Pre last week (on vzw) and would like to be able to keep my PHONE on at night when I go to bed but turn off the alerts for email. Currently I have to go into the email profile and turn sounds off (kind of a pain). On my old Blackberry Pearl I had different "profiles" for sounds.

Can anyone tell me if "Select Alert and Notification Tones" will allow me to easily update the sounds settings - like having different profiles?

Also, I am waiting on Preware install/setup until 1.4 comes since it sounds like it is right around the corner.
  10.    #10  
    All rightie... I've downloaded the patch, as well as other patches, PreWare, and some other apps. I'm off to see if I can figure out what I've done to my phone now. Be prepared for a Hooray! or an AAUUUUUUUUGGGGH! later....
    I use the "SMS Tones per Contact" patch - install this instead of "Select alerts and notification" or MyNotifications. Now you can have different messaging tones for each contact (just like the phone ringer). Email uses the notification tone if you have the preference to play sound (I have my work email set for this tone). My personal email I have set to vibrate so I can tell the difference. Good luck using Preware or WOSQI - they are the Pre's best friend.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I use the "SMS Tones per Contact" patch - install this instead of "Select alerts and notification" or MyNotifications. Now you can have different messaging tones for each contact (just like the phone ringer). Email uses the notification tone if you have the preference to play sound (I have my work email set for this tone). My personal email I have set to vibrate so I can tell the difference. Good luck using Preware or WOSQI - they are the Pre's best friend.
    I have the SMS Tones Per Contact patch installed also, how did you add different alerts per email account??
    I have used the "alerts and notification" patch to change my alert sounds and it worked great until I wanted to switch back to the original Pre Alert.wav sound. I uninstalled the patch and the new sound files have stayed.

I can't find the original alert.wav file. Anyone know how to fix this beside trying to find the sound on some website and download it as mp3?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    I have the SMS Tones Per Contact patch installed also, how did you add different alerts per email account??
    I didn't. As I mentioned, I have the 'notification' tone for work email and vibrate for personal email. There is no patch for different tones per email account, yet.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugi View Post
    I have used the "alerts and notification" patch to change my alert sounds and it worked great until I wanted to switch back to the original Pre Alert.wav sound. I uninstalled the patch and the new sound files have stayed.

I can't find the original alert.wav file. Anyone know how to fix this beside trying to find the sound on some website and download it as mp3?
    Try using the homebrew app "MyNotifications." IIRC, it has a revert to defaults function.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugi View Post

The Alert.wav file should still be on your device. Try reinstalling the patch, then use it to revert to your original settings.
    Reinstalled with no luck. When i click on the alert tone to change it, it just takes me to my ringtones. Not sure where to look for the wav file?
    Thanks man! The "My Notifications" app did it! Appreciate the help!
    ^ glad to know that the solution works. Haven't tried it myself.
  20.    #20  
    All right! I've installed My Notifications, plus Music Player (Remix), Add Launcher Pages, Battery %, Delete All Emails Option, Change Locked Screen, and a few other patches... and have deleted patches, too, so I think I'll be ready for when webOS 1.4 comes out (soon????). Thanks for your help and patience, everyone!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast