Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    getting the same thing with 1 card open....also this week the time is always off and the pre freezes and then re-starts itself..... whats up ?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    No patches and get the error when no cards are open. If 1.4 doesn't fix this issue, I'm going back to a BB or Android.
    I like how "hardbeatz" (the palm tech) has ignored this thread.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djorijun View Post
    I'd much rather have my Sprint Pre w/Too Many Cards error, than the issue of tyyypppinnng liikke thisssssss. LLLOOMMAOLLL
    This gave me a great laugh thanks! lol!!
    don't forget to clear browser cache... i remember reading a while ago something about that helping a little
    If they could fix that too many card issue,my pre would be awesome! I don't wanna go over to verizon,"HELL NO"
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee11 View Post
    I'm also have this issue. I have 24 patches installed.
    the application error?
    I never really have a too many card error. I've gotten it once or twice with like the browser open or a 3D game.

But if i just close it and wait 10 seconds i'm good to go.
  9.    #49  
    so just to make sure no one has had or is having the problem with NFSU closing by itself? It only happens with NFSU other games are ok.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djorijun View Post
    I'd much rather have my Sprint Pre w/Too Many Cards error, than the issue of tyyypppinnng liikke thisssssss. LLLOOMMAOLLL
    You just blew it out of proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    the application error?
    The same one that you are experiencing.
    "403 Forbidden: The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it." ~Google
    Quote Originally Posted by Freqflyer30 View Post
    Yo this damn phone forces me to update even when i haven't prepared it with the tedious tasks of removing these damn patches. Then it malfunctions when it does. Now I can even here my phone ring or feel it vibrate when someone calls. It only makes that stupid "beep beep" sound when I've already missed a call or when i get a text. Web Doctor doesnt even work because it won't read my phone when its connected. Mp3s wont play either. Damnit Palm!! I think I moving on cuz i't just too frustrating. Call me when you fix your ish!..... I feel better now thats off my chest.
    You really shouldn't have been messing with patches in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    so just to make sure no one has had or is having the problem with NFSU closing by itself? It only happens with NFSU other games are ok.
    There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the game, otherwise everyone (not some people) would be having the same problem that you're having. What's going on is something is interfering with the game, likely a mod or patch gone wrong.

You will most likely fix the problem by following my suggestion otherwise you're free to do nothing and complain about it.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-3d-games.html
    I get the same error all the time with Lets Golf. If I've been using other apps before hand there is an excellent chance the game will crash when loading or in game followed by the "application error" message. This happens to me almost 100% of the time when I've been using the browser before hand. Given the fact that people with the Pre Plus aren't experiencing the issue I think it's safe to say that this is a memory problem. Can Palm fix it for us non-Plus users? Guess we'll just have to wait in see.
    Luna restart usually fixes this problem. At least it does for me. Get Luna mgr.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Luna restart usually fixes this problem. At least it does for me. Get Luna mgr.
    "Too Many Cards" issue is not the same as the "Application Error" issue. You're correct that a Luna restart will clear the memory and fix the too many cards problem but people in this thread are incorrectly assuming the application error is the same as "Too Many Cards" and is a memory issue.

"Too Many Cards" is WebOS telling you that there is not enough memory to run a program.

"Application Error" is the application interacting with WebOS and saying something is interfering (or bad code) with the program. This is most likely another service running or a mod to the OS through a hack or patch.

These games are usually thoroughly tested on stock devices for problems. They are not guaranteed to work with mods, patches or any other kinds of hacks. When you modify a device you have to take responsibility that what you are doing could mess up other things. Before you blame Palm or the App developer make sure it works as it was intended to, on an unmodified device.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I was having the "application error" in the Glyder game and someone suggested to change costumes in the game and that ended up working for me. I don't have NFS but maybe it is a certain car that you're using at a certain point of the game? Check it out.

I also get the "too many cards" almost every time I try to open one of the 3D games on my sprint pre. Get tired of having to reset even if it is a luna.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    "Too Many Cards" issue is not the same as the "Application Error" issue. You're correct that a Luna restart will clear the memory and fix the too many cards problem but people in this thread are incorrectly assuming the application error is the same as "Too Many Cards" and is a memory issue.

"Too Many Cards" is WebOS telling you that there is not enough memory to run a program.

"Application Error" is the application interacting with WebOS and saying something is interfering (or bad code) with the program. This is most likely another service running or a mod to the OS through a hack or patch.

These games are usually thoroughly tested on stock devices for problems. They are not guaranteed to work with mods, patches or any other kinds of hacks. When you modify a device you have to take responsibility that what you are doing could mess up other things. Before you blame Palm or the App developer make sure it works as it was intended to, on an unmodified device.
    I was only addressing the "Too Many Cards" issue. I've never run into the "Application Error" issue. Thanks for the info.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post

well the game was working fine I had it for like 1 week then the problem started to happen with the app error.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123