1.    #1  
    How smooth was the transition? are you happy? How is it not having bbm anymore?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Transition was pretty easy as WebOs is pretty intuitive. I didn't realize how outdated the BB os was until I used the Pre. I've only owned two smartphones so far, and at this point could not recommend the BB over the Pre or even Pixi (bought one for my wife) for that matter.
    Switched from Curve... don't miss that crappy web browser one bit. Wife is still on Curve, wants to trade phones with me...
    Pre is WAAYY better unless you are using the BB for work specific stuff.
    \
    Other than battery life... that darned Curve lasted days on a single charge with use, Pre not so good..
    blackberry storm was so bad i have wanted to chuck it as far as I can for the longest time till the palm pre calmed me down!!!
    only real gripe is the lack of PIM apps and the fact my battery is elementary compared to my old curve. Not to mention my curve was built like a tank. Wouldn't make the switch back though
    man the only problem is battery life.. how does rimm make there phones last all day?? i ask myself because i abuse the crap out of my bold 9700 and it wont die.
    I was on a WinMo phone and went to a BB tour with my wife. I couldnt stand no touch screen and the basically useless web browser, plus the very basic UI was lackluster. My only reservations have been the keyboard, which is going from the best keyboard out there to a not so great one (having a lot of double tap issues) and the email. I miss the almost instant email (not the I NEED it) but I guess I can live without that. My wife still loves her BB Tour and is ****ed I dont have BBM anymore, but shell get over it, i love the pre (as soon as i get video recording)!
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
    I was on a WinMo phone and went to a BB tour with my wife. I couldnt stand no touch screen and the basically useless web browser, plus the very basic UI was lackluster. My only reservations have been the keyboard, which is going from the best keyboard out there to a not so great one (having a lot of double tap issues) and the email. I miss the almost instant email (not the I NEED it) but I guess I can live without that. My wife still loves her BB Tour and is ****ed I dont have BBM anymore, but shell get over it, i love the pre (as soon as i get video recording)!
    Odd. I get my gmail and yahoo email on the Pre before my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    Odd. I get my gmail and yahoo email on the Pre before my PC.
    I have gmail but dont "use" it and seems to be ok (might fully switch) but my yahoo seems to be ~20min lag.