Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So basically i thought i could rely on at least the camera on this phone but now i realize this phone is a damn toy and is fixin to get the trash can...

50 photos taken, 11 in photo roll...
    so let recap....slow as molasses, cannot start a 3d game without a luna restart, touch accuracy of a blind person, smooth scrolling as my 4 year old htc mogul and now this????

anyone else ever have this problem?????

and yes i checked the usb and nothing...

/rant
  2.    #2  
    Update: My Pre is only taking 11 Photos and overwriting the rest
    I don't know what Patch screwed it up but I'm running an Epr now...
    I blame this on palm for forcing me to patch this half baked phone
    What patches do you use that are so absolutely essential?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    What patches do you use that are so absolutely essential?
    Too many to count really, but together they make the phone enjoyable/fun to use..without them I wouldn't own a Pre come June 2010. It's that simple.
    Just took 14 photos to give me a total of 18 so it is not a universal problem. Maybe you did not operate the shutter corrrectly for each photo? Shutter sound off maybe?

I would not be without Preware and patches, but quite clearly Palm does not force you to use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Too many to count really, but together they make the phone enjoyable/fun to use..without them I wouldn't own a Pre come June 2010. It's that simple.
    I'm just curious and I like asking this question because while I am incredibly impressed with Preware as a piece of software/technology I spent half an hour a few weeks ago looking through the entire list of patches and didn't have any "Aha! I really want that!" moments. I'm still totally stock, and totally satisfied, and I find it fascinating how militant some people are about patching.

I guess that's one of the great things about the platform though, is that it is open to this kind of modification (whether or not you choose to use it). I would rather have things work this way than for each Preferences screen in every application be filled with a nightmarishly confusing list of 30+ different options.

Sorry for your patch-related issue though. Let us know what the culprit was when you find it so people will know which one to avoid.
    definitely not a universal problem, I have 54 pictures currently
    This signature for rent
    I think the attached picture applies... jk
    This does sound weird. You are the only person who has had this problem on PreCentral. Reboot to see if it just hasn't filed them yet. Also go onto the USB drive and look around. If you are sure that you did take them and they were on them at one point, they should be on the phone. Unless you accidentally manually deleted them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    User error.
    i used to have a similar photo problem. i guess one of photo applications that i downloaded from the app store was causing the problem. the only way to fix it was to delete the folder that this app created. you need to go into the usb drive and delete something. i forget what the name of the app is though.
    ok, just looked through the store. the name of the app that caused these problems was photowall
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    user error.
    +1
    I don't think it's user error. I've had the same problem too for a while. I've lost quite a few photos but gave up on addressing it until after the imminent video camera release (that was 3 months ago)
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    r u patched?
    The Correct Image Filename patch might be the cause.
  16.    #16  
    the only patch I have for camera is capture with volume key. It's def not user error. Flash went off and shutter sound sounded. I even reviewed the photos after taking them. They are not in the usb. It's either a palm error or a patch error. Whatever.
    have you guys ever installed photowall? thats been proven to cause this issue. there may be other ways this is caused too though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I think the attached picture applies... jk
    This does sound weird. You are the only person who has had this problem on PreCentral. Reboot to see if it just hasn't filed them yet. Also go onto the USB drive and look around. If you are sure that you did take them and they were on them at one point, they should be on the phone. Unless you accidentally manually deleted them.
    I remember this topic coming up before, he's not the only one. I would have to say it's very likely a Palm goof. I mean, it's not hard to check for the existence of a file before writing out one with the same name. But then, they probably didn't anticipate this problem.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    So basically i thought i could rely on at least the camera on this phone but now i realize this phone is a damn toy and is fixin to get the trash can...

50 photos taken, 11 in photo roll...
    so let recap....slow as molasses, cannot start a 3d game without a luna restart, touch accuracy of a blind person, smooth scrolling as my 4 year old htc mogul and now this????

anyone else ever have this problem?????

and yes i checked the usb and nothing...

/rant
    The only real question is....since this is roughly the 6th rant from you on this horrible phone of yours is....why are you still using it? I mean aside from giving you something to rant about, what does it do for you? Unresponsive screen, slow as molasses, have to patch etc, etc etc....please call sprint customer service and beg them to take it back and let you get something else and stop torturing your soul.....have a great day!!!!
    delete the 999palm folder under DCIM this a really old problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast