Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    The only real question is....since this is roughly the 6th rant from you on this horrible phone of yours is....why are you still using it? I mean aside from giving you something to rant about, what does it do for you? Unresponsive screen, slow as molasses, have to patch etc, etc etc....please call sprint customer service and beg them to take it back and let you get something else and stop torturing your soul.....have a great day!!!!
    <...>

just because i dont want to drop 200 on another phone doesnt mean i cant vent/complain about this one when it deleted my ski trip photos

the phone is slow and horribly unresponsive but it's mine and i enjoy it for the most part.. and until the day it no longer isnt, i'll use this board and this wonderful community to patch/ask/vent/complain/praise this phone....mmmk?

<>
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/22/2010 at 02:22 PM.
    If you want Palm to know about your issue, please post in their official Palm User Forum or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html.

- Craig
    Doesn't sound like a Pre issue per say as no one else seems to have chimed in with the issue.

Good luck though. (i don't know what mogul you were using though if you think the Pre has the same kind of lag...or better yet, i don't know what Pre you are using haha).
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    <...>

just because i dont want to drop 200 on another phone doesnt mean i cant vent/complain about this one when it deleted my ski trip photos

the phone is slow and horribly unresponsive but it's mine and i enjoy it for the most part.. and until the day it no longer isnt, i'll use this board and this wonderful community to patch/ask/vent/complain/praise this phone....mmmk?

<>
    Fair enough....and the pre certainly isn't perfect....it just seems like you put up with more frustration from it than I would from a phone. That being said, I hope your experience gets better with future updates. I for one am grateful to have a phone that I can patch. I also am grateful that palm pushes out frequent updates to make my phone better as often as they do. I guess I have been lucky not to have any major difficulties with it. I also have an android phone (which I like) that has had more issues than my pre has. Each has strengths and weaknesses as would I guess any other phone. I still have high hopes for webos. Good luck with your phone.
  5.    #25  
    it's pure frustration..it's gotten to a climax but I have hopes for 1.4, if not there's always june.
    I love the os but the concept just isn't enough to carry the phone anymore, it needs to be faster and more responsive, and it needs to not delete photos....
    Vent it out.

This could be part of the older issue (file naming). What you could do is install Jason's patch (image file renaming that assigns the date_time for each photo taken). This avoids the overwriting of photo file naming.

I have Jason's patch and my camera runs like a champ and I have many, many photos on my Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Vent it out.

This could be part of the older issue (file naming). What you could do is install Jason's patch (image file renaming that assigns the date_time for each photo taken). This avoids the overwriting of photo file naming.

I have Jason's patch and my camera runs like a champ and I have many, many photos on my Pre.
    +1 on Jason's patch. I hadn't had a problem with missing photos, but with the patch I didn't have to worry about leaving the last one on the phone when I transfer them to my PC.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12