1.    #1  
    Ive read the stickys and searched for other threads but can't find solution.
    I had my contacts from my old phone put on my pre when i got it. I then did the palm data transfer to get my outlook contacts in my phone. I was happy to have my outlook contacts on my phone but still wanted my phone contacts on my outlook. I installed the chapura syncmanager and used the trial app on the phone. this really started my problems it claimed it would sync outlook with the phone with a true sync. well my phone data didn't go to my outlook but my outlook went to my phone and doubled up all my number and contacts. I now have over 1000 contacts on my palm profile. I have 391 on my work exchange profile and this should represent the correct number of outlook contacts. I have since opened a google account, hoping to syn everything to google contacts and spend the time to edit is all there. I can't get any contacts to move to google thou. I understand that it is probubly because the contacts i want to move there are in my palm profile. I am at a lose and don't know what to do. I have allot of important numbers that were originally in my phone. I do have my old razor with the phone contact in it. Sorry about the long post. please help. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by radrick View Post
    Ive read the stickys and searched for other threads but can't find solution.
    I had my contacts from my old phone put on my pre when i got it. I then did the palm data transfer to get my outlook contacts in my phone. I was happy to have my outlook contacts on my phone but still wanted my phone contacts on my outlook. I installed the chapura syncmanager and used the trial app on the phone. this really started my problems it claimed it would sync outlook with the phone with a true sync. well my phone data didn't go to my outlook but my outlook went to my phone and doubled up all my number and contacts. I now have over 1000 contacts on my palm profile. I have 391 on my work exchange profile and this should represent the correct number of outlook contacts. I have since opened a google account, hoping to syn everything to google contacts and spend the time to edit is all there. I can't get any contacts to move to google thou. I understand that it is probubly because the contacts i want to move there are in my palm profile. I am at a lose and don't know what to do. I have allot of important numbers that were originally in my phone. I do have my old razor with the phone contact in it. Sorry about the long post. please help. thanks.
    Have you set Google to your Default Account?
    Open Contacts -> Menu -> Preferences -> Default Account
    Try CompanionLink. It will take the contacts from Google to Outlook and vice-versa. Then from Google they will go to your phone. You can get a trial for 14 days. It's a pretty good program and should be able to fix you up.
    Quote Originally Posted by radrick View Post
    I have since opened a google account, hoping to syn everything to google contacts and spend the time to edit is all there. I can't get any contacts to move to google thou. I understand that it is probubly because the contacts i want to move there are in my palm profile. I am at a lose and don't know what to do. I have allot of important numbers that were originally in my phone. I do have my old razor with the phone contact in it. Sorry about the long post. please help. thanks.
    I think you misunderstand what the Pre does. It doesn't sync multiple accounts. It's not designed to do that.

What it does do is pull multiple accounts to the Pre, and will allow you to edit (some of) them on the Pre. It will not allow you to pull your Outlook profile to the Pre and upload it to the Google. At least, not directly.

Some of the accounts information you can edit on your Pre, and sync the change to source service. Google and Exchange do that. Facebook contacts, as an example, you cannot edit on the Pre, you only see them.

What I would reccommend you do is get the CSV patch in PreWare that allows you send all your contacts in an email as a CSV file. Erase your Palm Profile contacts completely. Set Google as your default account, and then use the web based import feature on Google to import your contacts there.

Keep in mind though, that if you have both a Google account and your work account, with some contacts that are in both accounts, the information you change on your Pre only updates the account it's set for.

For instance, if I have John Doe in my work Exchange account, and also in my Google account, his home number will show up twice when I edit the contact information. If I update the Google Entry, the Exchange entry stays unmodified. This can be confusing if you don't understand what's going on and exercise care when editing contact info on your Pre.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    "ditto" what hparson said.

Decide which will be your default calendar...
    Wow ... my eyes glazed over about half way through that

First, I would wait for the new 1.4 release. Rumor is that it has enhanced export/import capability, so this might finally be supported (it's not now).

Beyond that, there is no "nice" solution for exporting Palm Profile contacts. If you search (titles only) for "export contacts" you will find several threads that discuss this. There are ways to use SQL and pull stuff directly from the Palm database file ... not for newbies or the weak of heart .

I believe there is also a patch with an "email all contacts" option. This might be slightly easier, but will still require some work.