Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i'm tired of waiting since Feb 1.... if they be more specific on dates, it will be much much better for all of us!! .... just saying ....
    Urgh, the amount of 1.4 threads...

Stop trolling and stop complaining, itll be here when it's here.
    its called hype. Stop stoking a pre ***** if you're tired of it.
    This was the big thread yesterday.
    And this is what I posted.

From what I understand and I am not in the know, Palm has released it. They have released it to the cellular companies. What the Carriers do is out of Palms control. Sure, Feb. would be nice but what can Palm or us do?

I know. Start another negative thread "how we were let down again" on March 1st. And yet, all that will do is make us feel worse.

There is a lot of speculation that "V" is holding it up while they pick through it.
    I find it funny how it didn't even take 24 hours.
    I hope this answers you "kind of" question.
    And on a similar note, what i posted;

Originally Posted by Shadow-360
    "Stop trolling and STFU.

They did comment. Kudos to Derek for creating a quite lengthy article on webOS updates and how they work, something which was not needed, and the immaturity of some users here over an update (which isnt late yet) is to be quite frank pathetic in every sense of the word.

Palm did NOT promise 1.4.1 on the 15th. Do i need to repeat myself?

It was simply a screenshot of a sprint doc leak sent to techs with the date, it's not as if it was Gods word or anything, and besides, PreCentral did state it's a rumour and to proceed with caution.

Heck, The great folks over at PreCentral even tweeted that they were tipped it could be delayed by a week.

Palm states webOS 1.4.1 will be released in February, i'm not sure where you're living but February is not over yet.

When febuary is over and if 1.4.1 is not released, then you can whine. And i'm sorry for sounding like a pri.ck, and this isnt just aimed at you, but the maturity of some users over an update which isnt even late yet is idiotic and uncalled for in every sense of the word.

Jeez, it's only an update, not the end of the world or the apocalypse, get a life people. In the meantime, chill out, have a smoke, get drunk and laugh about the whole thing, it'll come when it comes"
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    its called hype. Stop stoking a pre ***** if you're tired of it.
    Meh, there's already thread for that, and it's pretty self explanatory. Period

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html

Need i say anymore? Theres a reason the mods go through the trouble of locking 'Spam' threads such as these and redirecting to the appropriate channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    ....When febuary is over and if 1.4.1 is not released, then you can whine. And i'm sorry for sounding like a pri.ck, and this isnt just aimed at you, but the maturity of some users over an update which isnt even late yet is idiotic and uncalled for in every sense of the word.

Jeez, it's only an update, not the end of the world or the apocalypse, get a life people. In the meantime, chill out, have a smoke, get drunk and laugh about the whole thing, it'll come when it comes"

Nice point and addition to what I have been saying all along. Yet how long do you think there will be another thread started. I only hope it makes it 25 hours this time. People just need to understand that Palm can not download an update to our Pre/Pixi until the carrier approves it. If I may add to your "chill out" you could add, throw an anticipation party and have sex. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Nice point and addition to what I have been saying all along. Yet how long do you think there will be another thread started. I only hope it makes it 25 hours this time. People just need to understand that Palm can not download an update to our Pre/Pixi until the carrier approves it. If I may add to your "chill out" you could add, throw an anticipation party and have sex. lol
    Thanks, very true. And unfortunately not, thread was only posted 6 minutes after this one No matter how many times you tell them, it ain't gonna happen, there's always one, somewhere, even though there is the official anticipation thread for this sort of thing.

You may add whatever the hell you like, & some good additions you have there, especially the end bit
    LOL.
    6 mins. At that rate the server here may shut down.
    What if someone just started a thread that said:

Title: Do not start another thread about Palm 1.4 update until after it comes out.

First post:
    Here are the links to all the other threads....... Please go there if you need to comment.
    So that this thread stays at the top of the list please make a +1 post here.

If I get 4 go for its I'll even post this new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    LOL.
    6 mins. At that rate the server here may shut down.
    What if someone just started a thread that said:

Title: Do not start another thread about Palm 1.4 update until after it comes out.

First post:
    Here are the links to all the other threads....... Please go there if you need to comment.
    So that this thread stays at the top of the list please make a +1 post here.

If I get 4 go for its I'll even post this new thread.
    Do it

It's a good idea, and I'll personally +1 as many times as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    i'm tired of waiting since Feb 1.... if they be more specific on dates, it will be much much better for all of us!! .... just saying ....
    So, stop waiting, and start using your device!

I'm surprised that anyone would be foolish enough to sit around and wait for a device when they can continue to use the phone wether the update comes immediately or not.

I think Palm did fine with their announcement, but I'd be OK if next time they say "for those of you that need an exact date who will be disappointed wihtout one, we promise it will be out by the end of the year, now you don't have to sit around and wait".
    It's still a 1.x version and won't even have Flash. I'm not banking on the speed increase to be too drastic either until 2.x comes out. I doubt 1:1 scrolling will be included, so yeah.. I'm excited to have a video recorder though. Can we stop with the redundant threads now?
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    I totally agree! If they said that then everyone in here wouldn't be posting all those threads. PLUS the ones who are jus plain out sick of them wouldn't be sick cuz there wouldn't be a river of 1.4 threads.
    I don't know what the big anticipation is all about, 1.4 update seems unexciting. Wow, we get video recording and a minor speed bump, nothing to lose sleep over...
    EVERYONE JUST PUT YOUR MOUSE DOWN FOR 2 DAYS THEN UPDATE YOUR PRE OR PIXI!
    hehehehehehe!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    It is truly unbelievable how some of you are so upset because a rumor didn’t come true. The ONLY thing Palm said was that it will be released in February. It is still February so please calm the F down!!
    What is 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    EVERYONE JUST PUT YOUR MOUSE DOWN FOR 2 DAYS THEN UPDATE YOUR PRE OR PIXI!
    hehehehehehe!!
    I'm sure through use of the 'Tab' key, people could still make new threads about 1.4
    You know, I am going to agree with the original poster for one reason.

It is smart word play. If you have every intention of releasing the update sometime in February (even if it is the first day), announce that will be coming out at the end. The reason for this is when the patch comes out "early" everyone is excited and happy. And if you miss your deadline by a week or two, you are still on time.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I think people put too much expectation to the phrase "coming out in Feb...", most people SHOULD know that it's a very generic and general term. S*** happens, therefore they can utilize the remaining time of February to complete the project properly without having to worry the fact that their spokesperson promised the beginning of Feb or on a specif date. Programming applications is not easy, then next thing you know is they will force the release of 1.4 to accommodate the baby cries, and they will still get baby cries about a minuscule or major OS problem. Its a double edge sword for Palm, and baby cries will not make it any easier for palm, especially people who are distraught from the delay, which becomes a domino effect by repetitive posts of 1.4.

I understand people's frustrations. I too am annoyed, but I'm not going to make another thread about it, because it really doesn't put a burden on the situation. Get a hobby! I did, and it helps pass the time for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast