1.    #1  
    For the past 1-2 weeks my battery has been draining really quickly and my system has been running at a turtle's pace. I feel like there must be something running in the background, but I have no idea what. Can anyone help me? Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but at this speed, I can't go sifting through all the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by flcabrio68 View Post
    For the past 1-2 weeks my battery has been draining really quickly and my system has been running at a turtle's pace. I feel like there must be something running in the background, but I have no idea what. Can anyone help me? Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but at this speed, I can't go sifting through all the forums.
    So why is this in the wallpaper forum?

I would recommend doing a full erase and doctor or just use an older doctor. Then you could start your device fresh and see if the issue stops. Tracking down what may be bogging it down could be near impossible.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have noticed major battery drain at home when connected to wifi. Even off w/little use will use will see drops of 20% or more per hour. I have isolated the drain to the wifi. I assume it is stayng connected but not sure why all cards are closed and nothing running in background. When at home and wifi turned off I am only dropping only about 1-2% in battery per hour. I hope this gets a fix in 1.4. Did not do this prior to 1.35.1
    Yes, severe battery drain has been associated to certain brands of wireless routers, netgear comes to mind and there is one other brand too. Try inputing your brand into the search tool and see if you can find anymore info.
  5.    #5  
    Sorry about posting in the wallpaper forum. I clicked the regular palm pre forum, so not sure why it posted here.

I'm not running on wifi, so that isn't why it's draining......any other suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yes, severe battery drain has been associated to certain brands of wireless routers, netgear comes to mind and there is one other brand too. Try inputing your brand into the search tool and see if you can find anymore info.
    Can you link to this association? This doesn't make any sense, I just don't understand how a wifi router would cause battery drain.