Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    As much as I love my Pre, Android is just more of my type with all of it's customization and I'm a HUGE fan of homescreens. So I was wondering if anyone was willing to trade their Hero for my Pre. My Pre does have scratches and dings from normal use and accidental drops but the phone works PERFECTLY. The power button has lost it's click but it just takes a little more pressure to press it, it can also be fixed by taking it into a Sprint store as I have before.
    maybe you should ask on a droid forum or sprint forum or someyhing.
    This is a joke right? "Customization". Is there really something that you're missing on the Pre that the Hero can do. With the 1.4 update around the corner, I can not think of anything we REALLY need. Sure an SD slot or a little more internal memory but the phone is perfect without it. You need to elaborate. Really tell us more so we can understand just what you mean.

As far as the next person getting the phone fixed or swapped at a sprint store, there is a big problem. The phone will be on a second owner and the warranty will be more difficult to deal with. Plus, there will no longer be much reason for a sprint store to do anything for this next owner. You should get it swapped first. Then you should have better luck with your offer.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Android IS known for it's customization and I'm just more of a fan of Android. I was too eager to get a new phone months ago and couldn't wait for the Hero to come out. And I can't just swap my phone because I've already taken it in and they won't do anything but fix it as much as they can.

And defining WebOS as "perfect" is an opinion. I do like WebOS a lot and I might switch back when it matures some, but for the time being it's still too young.
    I love the pre too and definatelly would not switch to the hero, but one the supersonic comes out I'm a gonner for sure, thats of course if palm doesn't make a much better device by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I love the pre too and definatelly would not switch to the hero, but one the supersonic comes out I'm a gonner for sure, thats of course if palm doesn't make a much better device by then.
    You may be in trouble. As you are aware there has been a lot of speculation about the Palm C40. Sprint had announced that they are bringing out a phone for 4G this mid year. Then you also have the fact that Palm and Sprint have been the best of friends, supporting each other for years. Makes one think. I also hope there is a better constructed phone.

As far as the OP talking about WebOS. What will the Hero's OS do over WebOS that you will be taking advantage of? Please, this time name one REAL thing. Not just a generalization. I'm not debating you. I am interested in knowing.
    the biggest problem with webos is that its not known. Gah. The sefond biggest is laaag.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    1: the apps. There are more and to my understanding, they are better quality. I'm extremely disapointed by the apps in the store with only a few being of high quality and I don't care about 3D games because I have an iPod touch (not to mention it's a battery drain).

2: Although it's not the software, the build of the phone is surely superior. HTC is well known for their hardware and I'm a huge supporter of buttons. Plus, the Hero has a 5MP camera, and I don't know if it's better or not but there's a slim chance it could be worse.

3: As I mentioned i LOVE homescreens and widgets which Android has and WebOS is most likely never going to get. Having 5 homescreens to customize how I want is huge.

4: Pre's keyboard is fine, it works really well. But after using my iPod touch for so long, I've gotten a lot better with on screen keyboards. Android also has auto-correction.

The only thing I would be missing is the seamless switching between applications. Which is an amazing thing about WebOS and was 1/2 of the reason I bought the pre in the first place (other was physical keyboard).

It's just my preference, I don't question why you like WebOS more than android because you have your own personal reasons and likings as do I.
    Calm down folks, people have different tastes, webOS certainly is not for everyone. To each their own.

If you want a trade, fine, but this thread should be in the buy/sell section, or try craigslist/ebay etc.
    Yesterday there was a Hero owner looking for a Pre.

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...-pre-pixi.html
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 02/21/2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: add
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I agree with the poster, but only for his homescreen/widgets reasoning. When he says WebOS is young he needs to caveat that with it is young for "him". From my assessment "for me" Android is just as "young" feeling and most reviews I've read have said as much. The only significant difference I found between the two was the homescreen/widgets.
    Cowkong- Nice response. You seem to have really thought this out. I too am a little disappointed with the construction of the Pre and lack of apps at this point. Yet, I have been a palm supporter since the first PA they brought out so I guess I am here to stay. But with what you have said I hope that you get what you want. And wish you all the luck. I still would go and get the phone exchanged. You might have a better chance of swapping for a hero then.
    Should not be a problem finding someone to trade with, a lot of Hero owners are not happy with the laggy VK, being that it is a 2 year platform, it has alot of shortcomings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Cowkong- Nice response. You seem to have really thought this out. I too am a little disappointed with the construction of the Pre and lack of apps at this point. Yet, I have been a palm supporter since the first PA they brought out so I guess I am here to stay. But with what you have said I hope that you get what you want. And wish you all the luck. I still would go and get the phone exchanged. You might have a better chance of swapping for a hero then.
    Shoddy hardware? Kinda absurd IMO, the phone has chips and scatches from being dropped, lol. CS will not exchange a phone that has been abused like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Shoddy hardware? Kinda absurd IMO, the phone has chips and scatches from being dropped, lol. CS will not exchange a phone that has been abused like that.
    You as so negative this morning. Finnish your coffee.

They may not do the swap. But as "they" say, "it never hurts to ask". Which brings me to another question. Just who is "they"? Has anyone ever met them?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Having moved from a Hero to a Pre, with a touch pro 2 in the middle, I found Android over rated. While I didn't dislike my Hero, it did some things well. What it didn't do well was phone. By that I mean, if making a call is important to you the Hero will frustrate you. From having a voice dial program that doesn't work to creating just enough lag to raise your blood pressure.

I too worry about the Pre's construction (on my second one), that said I'm sold on webos. It just works and works well. I don't have to think about the software, I can just use the phone with confidence that things are well thought out and not just slapped on a phone to impress. .
    If anything, wait for a Sprint to bring out a few more Droids before ditching your Pre. I've read a lot worse things about the Hero than the Pre. On top of that, because of HTC's SenseUI being needed to reimplemented for each new Droid update it will always be about six months behind its siblings.
    Wasn't the Android system the one awhile ago that had their "cloud" go bust. They lost alot of the users backup information if I remember. It took several employees from Microsoft to work on the problem and they still did not get everything back from the crash. That alone tells me that they are not to concerned with the customer. Not to even have a redundant, different location backup system in place.
    Wasn't the Android system the one awhile ago that had their "cloud" go bust. They lost alot of the users backup information if I remember. It took several employees from Microsoft to work on the problem and they still did not get everything back from the crash. That alone tells me that they are not to concerned with the customer. Not to even have a redundant, different location backup system in place.
    I believe that was the sidekick, although the fault was at a MS data center. Many things with WebOS are stored in a "cloud" too.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    That was the Sidekick on T-Mobile, and definitely not Android. Most of Android's "cloud" resides in Google's services. Microsoft <> Android.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast