1.    #1  
    My launcher pages are blank after installing the Launcher Page Selection Tabs patch. Also, I can't seem to remove it. I tried wiping the Pre Clean, but my pages are still blank
  2.    #2  
    I fixed my own issue by re-installing the defective patch then deleting it again and it work!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I think there is a compatibility issue between this patch and the new 4x4 v4 patch. I had the same problem and when I deleted the 4x4 v4 patch, my apps came back on the launcher page. I've since reverted back to 4x4 v3 and all is fine.
    This happened to me after I did an update all for the patches in the WebOSQI. I removed and re-added the named launcher pages patch and it's back to normal.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Yea same here. 4x4 v4 is a no go.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i have the same problem. can you people read? we cant see anything so unless the problem is fixed we cant uninstall anything. ill let ya know if i find anything
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdsurfer View Post
    i have the same problem. can you people read? we cant see anything so unless the problem is fixed we cant uninstall anything. ill let ya know if i find anything
    I'll start by saying that I have not used any of the launcher page patches, so I have not had this particular problem. However, if I understand correctly, you can not see the launcher pages? A possible workaround is to access apps through Universal Search. If you are using Preware, you can launch it from Universal search and then go about removing the patch that is causing the problem (presumably the 4x4 icons v4).
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    1st, when you mean wiped it clean could you have uninstalled everything including stock stuff?

or try this. it fixed my problem
    1.if you don't have quick-install get it.
    2. open it with your phone connected
    3. go to tools and find tweaks
    4.once it opens youll see a box that says run epr (emergency patch recovery)
    5. this will uninstall all patches. so if the problem was caused by a patch like mine was it will be gone. now i just have to reinstall all 50+ i had ha

hope this helps
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    and mdavis i tried that but universal search wasn't working either... but i have heard that's how you fix a similar problem.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    and mdavis i tried that but universal search wasn't working either... but i have heard that's how you fix a similar problem.
    If you can't get anything to launch, you can simply remove the patch using Quick Install on the desktop.
    I am also having this issue. however i have not recently installed any launcher patches. the last two things i installed where DrBattery (and its service) and the reduce min brightness to 5 patch. after i restarted my phone my launcher was blank and US was not working at all, luckly my apps all work (when someone txts me or emails me or what not they will pop up) and i also have PW on the quicklaunch bar so i can get to that. has anyone found a reason or solution for this?? this is driving me
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    The solution to this problem really depends on your problem.

You could have a patch incompatibility issue where you need to remove one or more interfering patches.

You could have a corrupted patch install. You may need to run EPR and re-install patches that you want one-by-one. Maybe you will find the offender.

You could have something wrong at the OS level. Try to repair or if that fails do an erase and a Dr. Make sure you back up your device, data, etc.

You could have a profile error (I had this) and palm had to restore applications and some settings from a previous backup. Was a pain but at least I have everything back.

Just gotta go one-by-one. Also, if you call Palm, be prepared to answer the "do you have any 3rd party apps, services, etc. on your phone that didn't come from the App Catalog" because they will ask.
    Dan
    thanks Dan, im running EPR right now, its taking a while =( if that doesnt work i will probably Dr. it and hope that works =/
    Universal Search.... type in Preware, then click the icon.

Trust me it works, Universal Search works independent of the launcher (at least in this aspect).
    Quote Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
    thanks Dan, im running EPR right now, its taking a while =( if that doesnt work i will probably Dr. it and hope that works =/
    Did you try removing the things you installed? Also, did you do a full shutdown, battery pull, reboot (something that should be done when any electronic item acts up is a power cycle, more people should know this). Then if non of that works, before you Dr, I would suggest running Jason's WebOS Repair Utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Universal Search.... type in Preware, then click the icon.

Trust me it works, Universal Search works independent of the launcher (at least in this aspect).
    unfortunately you are WRONG. the universal search brought up nothing more than a blank page. so trust me, had i not had the foresight a while back to add it to my quick launch bar i would be SOL. I know it seems weird but imigine that anything that would usually just slide up the screen (so anything thats not an app) appears as a gray screen, no matter if you are using universal search or the launcher, nothing. so in the future perhaps you should listen to the people you are trying to, if they were able to not only find preware and install it (most likely through webosqi) but also had the thought to be patient and post their problems on here and ask for help they are probably smart enough to know if universal search is working.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Did you try removing the things you installed? Also, did you do a full shutdown, battery pull, reboot (something that should be done when any electronic item acts up is a power cycle, more people should know this). Then if non of that works, before you Dr, I would suggest running Jason's WebOS Repair Utility.
    yes, ive been working on this for almost a full day. i have power cycled it multiple times to no avail, i have used preware to remove almost all of my packages (including most apps) and nothing helped. i just finshed doctoring it and i have a luncher again. i am in the process of installing preware to reinstall apps and patches one by one to see if it happens again.
    Quote Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
    unfortunately you are WRONG. the universal search brought up nothing more than a blank page. so trust me, had i not had the foresight a while back to add it to my quick launch bar i would be SOL. I know it seems weird but imigine that anything that would usually just slide up the screen (so anything thats not an app) appears as a gray screen, no matter if you are using universal search or the launcher, nothing. so in the future perhaps you should listen to the people you are trying to, if they were able to not only find preware and install it (most likely through webosqi) but also had the thought to be patient and post their problems on here and ask for help they are probably smart enough to know if universal search is working.

Sorry your problem wasn't the same as mine but there is no need to have an attitude, especially since my reply you quoted wasn't in reply to your post. Also my sincere apologies for not reading through the whole thread and trying to help when I saw multiple people with an issue similar to one I had before.

I will go a head and take the fact that I have been thanked more than a few times on these forums as my own personal knowledge that I have helped folks around here. Can't believe 2 people in this thread asking for help are having such horrible attitudes towards people trying to help them.

Since you have less than 20 posts in a year of membership on here, I like that you assume someone running preware has attempted everything you have. The rest of us that spend time trying to help people on these forums KNOW that is not the case.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/01/2010 at 06:45 PM.