1.    #1  
    Hi there. New to the forum, and to the Pre.

I purchased a Pre Plus a week ago. Several days ago I noticed that the it would turn off by itself. Completely off. I had to hold the power button to get it started again. It went through the whole startup process "flashing" Palm sign, etc. I figured maybe I was powering if off on accident while it was in my pocket, but it's now happening while just laying flat on a surface, or sometimes when I close the keyboard, it just turns off. It happened 3 times today.

Has anyone seen this before on the Pre Plus? I read there was a loose battery issue with the first Pre, but thought that was fixed. I guess I should take this back to Verizon and see about getting a new one? Besides that, I am really enjoying this phone.

I appreciate you input and insight. Thanks in advance.
    try wedging a piece of paper on top of the battery to stop any wiggle and report back with results
  3.    #3  
    I did it and will let you know. Thanks.

It was tough to get anything back there because it's a really tight fit.
  4.    #4  
    The paper is in there, even without it the Pre Plus battery is super tight. Anyway, it shut down on it's own today...once while I wasn't using it, one time when I closed the keyboard, and another time when I opened the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamworkman View Post
    The paper is in there, even without it the Pre Plus battery is super tight. Anyway, it shut down on it's own today...once while I wasn't using it, one time when I closed the keyboard, and another time when I opened the keyboard.
    Since the battery is tight, that would leave two things.
    1) the battery is bad. Could have a bad cell or connection inside the battery.
    2) The phone has a bad connection inside.

You may find down the road you want a backup battery so you could purchase an addition battery and swap it for now to see if that cures it. Then if not take the phone and the first battery back to the store for a new set. In the end you will have a spare battery.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the insight and advice...I appreciate that. It's just a guess, but I have a feeling that your number 2 suggestion is correct.

I am going to take it back and see about getting a new one tomorrow. I hope the next one is solid. I really am enjoying this phone and don't want to have to go in another direction.
  7.    #7  
    Verizon replaced my Pre Plus. The rep told me that she hadn't seen any of these come back before (which I was happy to hear.) The new one seems to be working great.