Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Pre Pals:

I have an Amazon Kindle 2 that has a micro usb charger. It looks very similar to the Pre charger. Any idea if I can use it to charge the Pre safely?
    The only reason it may not be safe is if it has a much higher watt power than the Pre's. Look on both chargers to see if it they are the same or not. If they are go ahead and try.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The only reason it may not be safe is if it has a much higher watt power than the Pre's. Look on both chargers to see if it they are the same or not. If they are go ahead and try.
    Provided that it is the correct 5V, the wattage (power) is irrelevant. And since it is micro USB, there is very little doubt that it is 5V. The Pre will draw the current that it requires. Of course, if the Kindle charger cannot supply sufficient current it won't be able to charge the Pre.
    Last edited by johncc; 02/21/2010 at 07:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Just bought a Kindle 3...any electric engineers out there know if this is close enough?

Kindle Input 0.15A / Palm Input 0.2A

Kindle Output 4.9V & 0.85A / Palm Output 5V & 1A
    I use the Kindle cable all the time. Not with the Touchstone, but with the PC and wallcharger. It's been five months, hasn't fried yet.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Yup...primarily the AC adapter I'm interested in - I figure the microUSB cable itself is nice and standard.
    I don't know about the Kindle, but I use my Palm micro-USB charger to charge my Barnes & Noble Nook.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Just bought a Kindle 3...any electric engineers out there know if this is close enough?

Kindle Input 0.15A / Palm Input 0.2A

Kindle Output 4.9V & 0.85A / Palm Output 5V & 1A
    Ya you'll be fine.
    I use my Kindle charger almost every day for my Pre-. It works.
    I have used the Kindle charger for my Pre it works with no problems. However it will not work with my TouchStone.