1.    #1  
    I'm ok with computers. But I'm scared to ruin my phone. How eassy is quick install to use?
    so easy a caveman could do it
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    so easy a caveman could do it
    Lol! Seriously, I had never modified or done anything to a phone prior to getting a Pre and I have been happily playing with QI and Preware for months. If nothing else, remember that it is all but impossible to brick a Pre and go for it. There are all sorts of helpful articles and posts on P|C if you do get stuck.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Do not be afraid, webOSQI is your friend
    you can do it young skywalker ,use the force !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Read up a bit and jump in with both feet, you'll be fine.
    Come, join us....
    Easy to get started. Just folloe the instructions on this site in the homebrew section on how to get started.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    I'm ok with computers. But I'm scared to ruin my phone. How eassy is quick install to use?
    You CAN NOT PERMANENTLY BRICK A PRE. If you mess something up, webOSDoctor will repair your device back to out-of-the-box condition. It's your "get out of jail free" card if you royally screw things up.
    ya precentral is the reason i kept my pre. i was frustrated with it in the beginning but now with homebrew and tweaks i love it! i started off with webOSQI but moved on to preware. I had an issue where my keypad stopped responding (started off like space bar was stuck then just stopped working and multiple reboots didn't work) and with very little knowledge i followed the instructions to doctor it, reinstalled preware via webOSQI and had all my tweaks and homebrew apps back in about an hour. easy does it just follow the knowledge on precentral.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Seriously easy to use and seriously easy to fix if something does get messed up. Not to scare you, but for some reason my phone wouldn't download apps anymore. I'm not sure if it was because of a bad patch I installed or what. I backed up my pics and videos on my computer, and instead of the webOS Doctor, I just did a full reset. After logging back into my Palm profile, in about 30 minutes of downloading my official apps and putting the patches back on with quick install and Preware, my phone was back up and running like new (except better than new).
    Your phone will explode.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP