Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I was updating my patches via Preware and the command line patch update failed, so I tried to remove it so I could continue using the "update all" feature. After my luna restart, MY LAUNCHER WAS BLANK!!! There are no apps at all in my launcher, but the 4 that are in my quick launch are still there and work.

Has any one else had this problem???
    open preware and go into list of everything and start typing emergency and install the migration patch this should help you out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    preware is not in my quick launch, so it is missing like the rest of them
    then hook phone up to computer and run webos repair utility and see what it fixes for you . it wont erase anything or mess with patches just open and run but make sure you put it in the same folder with web doctor because it uses it to compare with your phone while it fixes it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you could also try hooking up to web os quick installer and do a luna restart
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you could also try hooking up to web os quick installer and do a luna restart
    I've done a luna restart and a full restart from the power button, still no change. I'm DLing the latest webOS Doctor now, where do I find the repair utility?
    hold on i will get it for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    hold on i will get it for you

I found it, DLing now. thnx
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    The same thing happened to me last night.

Panic almost set in.

Pulled the battery and everything came back fine.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulcycle View Post
    The same thing happened to me last night.

Panic almost set in.

Pulled the battery and everything came back fine.

I wish I would have read this before I started the repair utility, it's taken forever!!
    if its taking long then something is wrong with it lol it should take no longer than an hour or so
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    happen to me one time,,just did a restart,,that's it,,lol,,never happen again
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    if its taking long then something is wrong with it lol it should take no longer than an hour or so
    yeah it froze on me, so I unplugged it qnd pulled the battery, on restart the problem is still there. Trying the repair again......
    This happened to me after installing the "No More Arrows or Fade" Patch. Before I figured it out I did everything else mentioned above, especially freaking out. After using EPR, and trying to remove my theme in WOSQI, I found that not only had this not fixed the problem but now my Pre still had all the patches and theme de facto running even though WOSQI said I didn't have any patches. Finally I ran WebOS Doctor and wiped it after backing up my data which gave my phone the digital enema it needed to work again. I then spent the entire afternoon theming my device and repatching it one patch at a time and determined that when I had applied the "No More Arrows or Fade" Patch it caused my Launcher to go blank. The author of the patch says that it is compatible with the 4X4 and 5X4 Launcher patches, but I also have a bunch of other patches that augment my launcher including Named Pages, Hidden Quick Launch Bar in Launcher, and other Launcher patches and it is likely NOT compatible with one of them creating this issue.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    yep, none of the above worked, so now I am getting ready to doctor the phone, this sucks. Thanks for all the suggestions
    this is exactly the problem...I removed the arrow patch and problem was solved

Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    This happened to me after installing the "No More Arrows or Fade" Patch. Before I figured it out I did everything else mentioned above, especially freaking out. After using EPR, and trying to remove my theme in WOSQI, I found that not only had this not fixed the problem but now my Pre still had all the patches and theme de facto running even though WOSQI said I didn't have any patches. Finally I ran WebOS Doctor and wiped it after backing up my data which gave my phone the digital enema it needed to work again. I then spent the entire afternoon theming my device and repatching it one patch at a time and determined that when I had applied the "No More Arrows or Fade" Patch it caused my Launcher to go blank. The author of the patch says that it is compatible with the 4X4 and 5X4 Launcher patches, but I also have a bunch of other patches that augment my launcher including Named Pages, Hidden Quick Launch Bar in Launcher, and other Launcher patches and it is likely NOT compatible with one of them creating this issue.
    I heard that the named pages and add pages patch is the culprit...I could be wrong...I have had this issue too...however no apps showed...I did a soft reset and all was fine...
    I had the same problem and all I did was uninstall the "No More Arrows or Fade" since it happened right after I installed it. That was the answer for me.