Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    And how many times do you actually talk on the phone while using the Internet? The only way this is possible if you wanted everybody to hear your call on speakerphone... or you carried some headphones with you everywhere you went. It's really not a practical feature at all. If you want to talk on the phone while browsing the web on your Pre... you need two phones. One will not suffice for such a "commonly requested feature".
    actually i try to carry headphone with me. its very practical... not to mention headphones are usefull while driving. im often on my phone making calls while paying bills on my phone or surfing the web.. and when the phonecall ends my pandora, slacker, or radiotime begins to play again.

EDIT: to stay on topic i dont have to hangup all calls in order for my caller id screen to go back to notmal? i just gotta wait?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    actually i try to carry headphone with me. its very practical... not to mention headphones are usefull while driving. im often on my phone making calls while paying bills on my phone or surfing the web.. and when the phonecall ends my pandora, slacker, or radiotime begins to play again.
    Sure... headphones are great while you're driving. So is speakerphone. But staring at your phone while driving is gonna get somebody killed.

Like I said, tho... don't see too many situations where you'd need to be "on the phone making calls [obviously with a headset/headphones] while paying bills on your phone or surfing the web". Sure twice a year you might want this to happen.... but how many times do you want to get a dropped call on AT&T's network? ... or get some incredibly slow data connection?

Yea, that's a great idea... let's get a static phone call going while we're downloading at 30 kbps and uploading at 8 kbps. And then let's lose our phone so that somebody else can use the phone without my SIM card.... and then they can throw the SIM card in the trash after they copy all my information (including some saved contacts) from that SIM card. Really great idea that AT&T is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    EDIT: to stay on topic i dont have to hangup all calls in order for my caller id screen to go back to notmal? i just gotta wait?
    Two solutions!!

1) Just swap the call and go back to the other caller. The caller that you want to hangup on is going to hangup all on his own. If you say good bye... he's not gonna wait around for you. This is what I do.

2) You could just hang up on the caller you want to hang up and the caller you want to speak with, who was on the other line... will end up "calling you back" without having dialed your number. You might freak out this way, being ashamed of your CDMA carrier's limitations... but they didn't notice it... and that's why I just go with Option 1 above.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Sure... headphones are great while you're driving. So is speakerphone. But staring at your phone while driving is gonna get somebody killed.

Like I said, tho... don't see too many situations where you'd need to be "on the phone making calls [obviously with a headset/headphones] while paying bills on your phone or surfing the web". Sure twice a year you might want this to happen.... but how many times do you want to get a dropped call on AT&T's network? ... or get some incredibly slow data connection?

Yea, that's a great idea... let's get a static phone call going while we're downloading at 30 kbps and uploading at 8 kbps. And then let's lose our phone so that somebody else can use the phone without my SIM card.... and then they can throw the SIM card in the trash after they copy all my information (including some saved contacts) from that SIM card. Really great idea that AT&T is.

Two solutions!!

1) Just swap the call and go back to the other caller. The caller that you want to hangup on is going to hangup all on his own. If you say good bye... he's not gonna wait around for you. This is what I do.

2) You could just hang up on the caller you want to hang up and the caller you want to speak with, who was on the other line... will end up "calling you back" without having dialed your number. You might freak out this way, being ashamed of your CDMA carrier's limitations... but they didn't notice it... and that's why I just go with Option 1 above.

i never said i multitask on the phone while im driving.. multitasking and using headphone while driving were 2 different ideas. thats why they where seperated by the period. just because u dont see situations where that would be usefull doesnt mean there arent. today i was on the phone talking to a friend surfing the net for fitness tips. its an everyday thing for me. try speaking for urself.... btw im talking about on sprint not at&t..

dude im not even following ur train of thought.. just stop arguing.
    Periods don't separate trains of thought... paragraphs do!! Perhaps that's why you can't follow me? A lack of education? Just joshin'...

All I'm trying to get at is that I believe the majority of people would prefer option 1 over option 2...

Option 1 - Quality Voice & Quality Data that cannot be used concurrently
    over
    Option 2 - Crappy Voice & Crappy Data, which _can_ be used concurrently

The benefits of using crappy voice and data concurrently are far and few between.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12