Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was in a Verizon store today just waiting for my gf and noticed the Reps pushing Android and the Droid phones heavy. Actually a girl came in and was clearly interested in the Pixi and he just moved her along to the Droid phones saying how much more they offer and have way more going on. Not sure if this is just one guy really into Android, but if Verizon is pushing their sales team to sell Droids/Android, it will be hard for Palm to sell units. I mean at least be objective with what each phone offers, but this was a clear move to persuade someone not to buy a Palm. Not everyone does research before coming in to get a new phone and will more likely believe the so called experts. Just thought I would pass on my observation.
    Old news. There's a couple of threads about this already.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Not just one guy. I was in the store today asking about the pre plus. The manager said he could not recommend the pre. He said the droid is the best phone out.
    "Stupid is what stupid does", guess this saying applies to Verizon's salesman, lol....
  5.    #5  
    I mean the droid is a good phone, but to not recommend the Pre at all is lame!
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    oh well, I just posted my similar experience in COSTCO. Its obvious that DRIOD is pushed by Verizon reps more than any phone out there in the store. Which sucks, DROID is really crappy phone. The browser in DROID is least two years behind and the keyboard , even the chinese KIRF phones make better keyboards than that.

The time of returning DROID for a PrePlus is not far.
    Seems like a case of carrier biases here, Pre landed on Sprint first so its a carry over to verizon hence why they probably don't want to promote it, droid is theres to gloat over, ah well, stores reps always make me laugh at there inexperience
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    Not just one guy. I was in the store today asking about the pre plus. The manager said he could not recommend the pre. He said the droid is the best phone out.
    They might be getting fat commission on Droid sales.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    "Stupid is what stupid does", guess this saying applies to Verizon's salesman, lol....
    The guy I met today said Android has more APPs than iPhone.
    I told him iPhone has more than 150K apps, he goes "Google has more than them, you know Google is a smart company like APPLE"

The Verizon sales guys seem to be totally ignorant and confused guys compared to Sprint folks.
  10.    #10  
    They probably are getting better commissions, but the reality is that Palm will not sell phones like they need to at Verizon if this is their m.o. Especially if the reps are being outwardly negative about the phones. Unfortunately, more phones sold keeps the Palm platform moving along.
    hmm im thinking about going into a verizon store, acting like someone knowing nothing about the preplus. asking and seeing his response and if hes saying a bunch of bs, whip out my pre and be like, yeah u suck. haha
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I've read in here that people that go into Best Buy get the same crap, the salespeople tell them that the pre is a terrible phone and they try to push them to either an iphone or a Droid.
  13.    #13  
    w t f this makes no sense...
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    hmm im thinking about going into a verizon store, acting like someone knowing nothing about the preplus. asking and seeing his response and if hes saying a bunch of bs, whip out my pre and be like, yeah u suck. haha
    +1 good idea.
    i went into a vzw store with my mother to help her pick out a new phone and luckily we got an inteligent sales rep. however, i overheard some of the others. they just seemed like d0uch3rs. they didnt care if u where in the store or not they're americas largest and poor customer service or doofus reps is'nt gonna change that.

ps thats right! double thumbs down for vzw!
  15.    #15  
    Palm = against all odds
    who cares?
    Palm's stocks are dropping again, even their ratings did. I guess they are not pushing enough Pre Plus out... selling at Verizon. They were hoping Verizon would help out their numbers a little. But we will have to wait and find out next quarter results! And I hope they are good! xDD GO PALM GO!
    I'm not sure if it's a bias rather than lack of education/training. These employees should offer smart phones that closely match the customers lifestyle needs. Most of the time they are only knowledgeable about the most popular phones in the store, therefore that phone gets the biggest push overall the phones in the store.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I know at my store it's offered on the same level but if you have a customer looking for apps then I'm sorry but your not going to say the pre. While I love my phone, it is really lacking in terms of amount and quality compared to android. The hardware didn't help either, I mean with the fixed camera (say bye bye to upc apps) and no mic api or compass eliminated a lot of potential the pre could have had. I'm hoping the pre2 fixes these shortcomings. On the flip side, multitasking is amazing and the os is what I recommend first. Just all depends on what knowledge these "sales men" have or if they just watch commercials.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I actually like Sprint reps more than Verizon reps.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast