Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I actually like Sprint reps more than Verizon reps.
    me too, way bigger percentage of geeks. :-)
    Palm prē-ist.
    Listening to a rep at all is mind-baffling to me. I distrust their advice regarding products on principle.
    do the droid even have 3d games?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I totally agree, my Verizon Rep when I went in to play with the Pre Plus (I ordered online, instant rebate vs waiting for a visa gift cards!? no brainer) tried to tell me how bad the Pre was vs. the Droid, and how I would bring the Pre back. Honestly I played with the Droid about 3-4 minutes before I was like F- this, played with the Pre and was blown away at how smooth and fast the OS was coming from a Storm 1. Verizon reps often don't know *** they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Listening to a rep at all is mind-baffling to me. I distrust their advice regarding products on principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    do the droid even have 3d games?
    yea but extremely crappy compared to what we have
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by jbuck387 View Post
    I totally agree, my Verizon Rep when I went in to play with the Pre Plus (I ordered online, instant rebate vs waiting for a visa gift cards!? no brainer) tried to tell me how bad the Pre was vs. the Droid, and how I would bring the Pre back. Honestly I played with the Droid about 3-4 minutes before I was like F- this, played with the Pre and was blown away at how smooth and fast the OS was coming from a Storm 1. Verizon reps often don't know *** they are talking about.
    My previous phone before my pre was a BB Storm 1, is that not the biggest piece of crap ever made? 6 months was all I could take of that "Chinese water torture", lol. Got my pre last June (still works great). The Storm 1 was the reason I left Verizon, paid my ETF and never looked back!
    Funny...just came across a Twitter post wherein the poster was wanting to get a Pre Plus but the rep kept trying to talk her into the Droid. Her choice for the Pre Plus was solidified when she noticed most all of the sales reps on the floor were carrying either a BB or Pre.
    you sell what you know. As an ex cellphone sales rep, I can say that the devices we pushed were the devices we were most familar with. Its easier to remember what to say! Which device do you think has more "training" sessions, The house brand "droid" phones or Palm?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    hmm im thinking about going into a verizon store, acting like someone knowing nothing about the preplus. asking and seeing his response and if hes saying a bunch of bs, whip out my pre and be like, yeah u suck. haha
    I double dog dare ya'
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I think the problem is specmanship. The Droid beats the Pre Plus on the big specs:screen resolution & size, camera resolution & number of applications. WebOS is way more elegant than Andriod -- but that is more qualitative -- and maybe the Verizon folks don't how to sell that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd7318 View Post
    I know at my store it's offered on the same level but if you have a customer looking for apps then I'm sorry but your not going to say the pre. While I love my phone, it is really lacking in terms of amount and quality compared to android. The hardware didn't help either, I mean with the fixed camera (say bye bye to upc apps) and no mic api or compass eliminated a lot of potential the pre could have had. I'm hoping the pre2 fixes these shortcomings. On the flip side, multitasking is amazing and the os is what I recommend first. Just all depends on what knowledge these "sales men" have or if they just watch commercials.
    Sure the app catolgue is small compared to Android or Apple, but its growing at a rapid pace. In the last 45 days 500 apps have been added to the catolgue and I'm sure the pace will increase once the PDK is released to everyone. So, if someone questions you about the lack of apps, be honest and say that its small compared to Android. However, the growth rate is pretty good with new items coming down the pipe each day. That's the truth.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I think the problem is specmanship. The Droid beats the Pre Plus on the big specs:screen resolution & size, camera resolution & number of applications. WebOS is way more elegant than Andriod -- but that is more qualitative -- and maybe the Verizon folks don't how to sell that.
    As the ex cellphone rep said, it comes down to training. V reps are going to push Droid b/c that is the 'house' brand and they've been trained out the wazoo on that thing. The Pre is the phone that will be on the top three carriers and the newest one so V isn't going to push that hard and it will take time to train them on the Pres and Pixis.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Oh I know pace is going well, but you can't argue the fact the some of the most popular apps can't be made on the pre's hardware.

Don't get me wrong, I've sold a lot of Pre's based on the OS and the multitasking. Sure some of the games have helped build the app catalog but there is a lot left to be desired still which hopefully 1.4 will kick start this even more.
    my take on this is we need to wait till the pre hits the other two players yet to be in the pic att and t mobile wich will really make it a competive device on all cariers seing that big red and att are always competing against each other
    Don't see why people still get bent out of shape about this. Or why they would expect any different.

The Droid is exclusive to Verizon, and they invested a LOT of time and money in securing the rights to the name and advertising like mad for it. The Pre is sold on two carriers, and soon to be a third. In case you haven't noticed, they are pushing the Droid over ALL other smartphones, not just the Pre. That includes the exclusive BB Storm 2, exclusive Imagio, and every other Blackberry and WinMo phone. This is the very definition of "business, never personal."

Second, WebOS enthusiasts in this forum are incapable of seeing it, but to some, the Droid IS a better phone. Some people need real video recording. Some people like all apps launching virtually instantly. Some like minimal lag in menus and animations. Some like having a huge selection of apps. Some love Google navigation. I think most just love the huge, hi-res screen. In any case, these - and many other things - are objective advantages the Droid has over the Pre.

Finally, the build quality stigma still persists and for good reason. Until Palm fixes systemic flaws like the USB door crack or headphone jack and power button durability, people are going to keep flooding this forum with "I'm on my 6th Pre!!!" threads (For the record, I switched over to my 4th a little while ago just to check out the 3d games and upcoming video and Flash upgrades). While I have seen some hardware complaint threads in Android forums, it's nowhere NEAR as prevalent. It just isn't. Whatever the overall hardware failure numbers are between the two, PERCEPTION IS REALITY.
    well, the same thing happens at the sprint store. the guys at mine hate the pre. but they say they dont like it cause it has lots of issues. i guess i can understand in that regard, the pre is not a very durable phone
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    US sales figures determine Palm's global strategy and marketing, and this just increases the chances of Palm bleeding to death at home before shipping to the rest of the world and growing into a major telecom player.
    Um.... so the pre is available in uk,france,spain,mexico,canada and a few other countries as of right now, the "new palm" has made huge inroads to its global buisness as opposed to the "old palm". They are more international and have moved quicker than ever before. Was the centro ever sold outside of the US?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Maybe they should be. I'm getting my 5th Pre shipped to me on Tuesday.. webOS does a lot of really cool things and the hardware looks great but the build quality is absolutely horrendous.

Before anyone feels the need to respond with "Well I'm still on my first Pre from launch" I don't care. You aren't me. And I'm not the only one who's going through almost one pre per month due to awful manufacturing.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Maybe they should be. I'm getting my 5th Pre shipped to me on Tuesday.. webOS does a lot of really cool things and the hardware looks great but the build quality is absolutely horrendous.

Before anyone feels the need to respond with "Well I'm still on my first Pre from launch" I don't care. You aren't me. And I'm not the only one who's going through almost one pre per month due to awful manufacturing.
    Bad refurbs?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Bad refurbs?
    Sadly no.. I've had 3 BRAND NEW Pres, and 1 refurb. The one I'll be getting in the mail on Tuesday is likely to be a refurb. It's pitiful..
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast