1.    #1  
    Does the Verizon Palm Pre Plus use a standardized microUSB charging port?

Would this work?

Amazon.com: BlackBerry USB Cable Micro USB 1.0m (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    Last edited by JohnnyRockets; 02/20/2010 at 03:12 PM.
    I think that it is proprietary? I know that I had a micro USB that I used to transfer data to my PSP that did not fit with my Pre(regular). It may not be though. Either way all you really stand to lose if it doesn't work is a penny and most likely a couple of bucks for shipping. Apparently I can't post links because I have not posted enough, but if you want to be sure you could spend a couple of extra bucks. There is a clearance on a preplus usb cable at cellphoneshop.net backslash usbdacaforpa.html.

Dunno if that helps at all.
    I remember reading that it does not fit in the slot of the TS charger base, people had to file it down.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by daboot View Post
    I think that it is proprietary? I know that I had a micro USB that I used to transfer data to my PSP that did not fit with my Pre(regular). It may not be though. Either way all you really stand to lose if it doesn't work is a penny and most likely a couple of bucks for shipping. Apparently I can't post links because I have not posted enough, but if you want to be sure you could spend a couple of extra bucks. There is a clearance on a preplus usb cable at cellphoneshop.net backslash usbdacaforpa.html.

Dunno if that helps at all.
    Thanks. I wonder if they changed the port for the Pre Plus?

Does anyone know for sure if the Pre Plus has a standardized microUSB?
    Not sure about the pre plus, but I have used several generic micro usb connectors with my pre including my girlfriends nokia e55 charger without any issue.

Phones4U (I think it was them) sell a 10 USB cable with a multi-adaptor pack in the UK that includes a mini to micro adaptor.
    Should be standard. Palm and Verizon couldn't legally list it as a microUSB port if it were not a formfactor compliant port. Cheap cables, now.......that's another story. Palm lists the Touchstone and wall charger kits as compatible with both Pre and Pre Plus, kits that come with cables.