Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    With the plethora of threads I see here about people complaining how their Pre has issues yada yada, I figured I'd post this.

So my Pre has some light leaking issues, which I was blowing way out of proportion, while in reality they are kind of annoying but minor at the very least. That said for the next few months rather than enjoying my device I would just go around looking for any little error/defect with the phone just telling myself I'd never be happy with this device.

Finally one day I said to myself "why am I acting like a 6 year old?" and said let me just move past this and enjoy the device with this very minor flaw, and ever since I have really start to fall in love with the Pre. Ya it has a little screen leakage, so what.. It's a launch day phone and apart from this it works flawlessly. I think the majority of people here that post stories about defects with their phones exaggerate, like I did, just to make themselves feel better about trying to scam into getting a replacement.

People, the small issues you are blowing out of proportion are not that bad, seriously... get over it and enjoy your device!
    good advice

unfortunate title.
    teehee. you said anal
    An anal phone? Is that anything like a **** trumpet? An implant of some sort? Hmmmmm
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Agreed, the major +s far outweigh the minor -s. That make sense?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I'm actually going in the other direction been in love with my phone since release but slowing I'm starting to look at other OS's/phones recently.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    I'm actually going in the other direction been in love with my phone since release but slowing I'm starting to look at other OS's/phones recently.
    Nature of the beast I guess, nothing to feel bad about or people to get upset about. It is just naturally progression, people over-time might not be happy with what they have when they hear about newer technologies/developments on the other side of the fence. Go check them out you are a consumer and it is your right.
    For me, as I become more of a Pre "power user" I find myself falling in love with it more and more. It really is an amazing phone in terms of what it is capable of doing and as I learn more and more I find that I really exploit its features making me love my phone more than I did when I first bought it!!!
    He is Preholio!

I went through exactly the same feelings and came to the same conclusion as you. Once I accepted the device is going to have some slight flaws, I was able to move on and truly start enjoying my device!
    From what I gathered from the OP, he is concerned about two things: being anal and leakage
    very nice!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I got mine a week after they were released. I am the same way! I found like 4 dead pixels and returned it only to find them on the new pre. It's funny cause I did this 6 times in a 2 week range. The sprint rep tried hard to be nice but after awhile they wanted me to go away. After everything. I still have a few pixels out but I'll live I guess!
    You know.........I got my first cell in '93, and every time I think about how my current phone, whatever it is, isn't a perfect GPS, doesn't play music as well as an iPod, isn't as easy to read on as a Kindle...........I just think back to all the phones over the years, all the way back to that old bag phone that didn't even have a battery (that cost nearly as much as the phone as an option), single-line LED display, no internet, no text, no games, no movies.....phone. That's it.

I'm pretty darn happy that I got a neat phone that does what I need well, and has those extras that make it a fun toy. Next year, there'll be a new model, and I might get that one. This is me coming from a poor background, I never had (and still don't have) the money to go out and replace something expensive just because its not perfect.....

Remember, the Beatles took something old, cheap, worthless by todays standards (can you imagine Dream Theater using nothing but a two-track recorder??) and made something that's still considered a classic that nobody can match.
    It's good that you're enjoying the phone, and you gave good advice. I have to admit though, I saw "anal phone" and thought "Dang, hope he doesn't try to receive any faxes...." Now I'm worried about downloading and uploading...
    thats one place you could put it to keep it safe i suppose....

nevermind, I just read the OP. Sorry
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    fwiw, i'm starting to rethink my stance on the pre being a good phone. I've been using it since about a week after launch, and the battery issues really frustrate me. I just don't see how responding to emails and texts and my phone is dead by 2:00. I'm pretty sure i will be jumping ship for the win mo7, if and when it lands on sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    fwiw, i'm starting to rethink my stance on the pre being a good phone. I've been using it since about a week after launch, and the battery issues really frustrate me. I just don't see how responding to emails and texts and my phone is dead by 2:00. I'm pretty sure i will be jumping ship for the win mo7, if and when it lands on sprint.
    Way to troll the threads.
    I have never understood that problem with dead pixels. My Pre has 2 dead pixels. But, I can only tell when I'm rebooting the phone. Any other time the display is on, it is anything but all black. So I can't tell there are dead pixels, which makes me wonder why people seem to have such a big problem with these.

If I want to find a flaw in something, I don't think there is a product out there I couldn't find a flaw with. You paid good money for these things, why not just enjoy them, like the OP said?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Way to troll the threads.
    this was an honest opinion, i don't see any trolling here.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    Man, to jump from the Pre to winmo... you're a real glutton for punishment. If the battery issues bother you that much, buy one of the bigger Seidio batteries like I did, you won't be disappointed. Using windows mobile is a constant annoyance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast