Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Well compared to my TP the battery life is way better, even know I'm only a week into ownership. I'm very "anal" when it comes to my belongings, and so far I think the build quality is pretty good. Remember that the Pre is a cheaper device when compared to some of the other smartphones.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Sorry, I mean cheap cost not cheaply made.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    With the plethora of threads I see here about people complaining how their Pre has issues yada yada, I figured I'd post this.

So my Pre has some light leaking issues, which I was blowing way out of proportion, while in reality they are kind of annoying but minor at the very least. That said for the next few months rather than enjoying my device I would just go around looking for any little error/defect with the phone just telling myself I'd never be happy with this device.

Finally one day I said to myself "why am I acting like a 6 year old?" and said let me just move past this and enjoy the device with this very minor flaw, and ever since I have really start to fall in love with the Pre. Ya it has a little screen leakage, so what.. It's a launch day phone and apart from this it works flawlessly. I think the majority of people here that post stories about defects with their phones exaggerate, like I did, just to make themselves feel better about trying to scam into getting a replacement.

People, the small issues you are blowing out of proportion are not that bad, seriously... get over it and enjoy your device!
    So you are telling me I should not of exchanged my 3 Pre's for the issues I had?

One phone had a blown speaker and I supposed to just let that slide and live with it. RIGHT!!!

One phone had real bad bluetooth recetition the phone had to be 1-2 feet the most away from the earpiece and I supposed to just let that slide and live with it. RIGHT!!!

One Phone started cracking by the USB and I supposed to just let that slide and live with it. RIGHT!!!

Not to mension all the little things that Palm decieded to leave out of a phone that basic phones can do. The saying that all we can say is "There's a patch for that.

If Palm would of dId it right in the first place

WE WOULD NOT NEED A PATCH FOR THAT!!!!.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    So you are telling me I should not of exchanged my 3 Pre's for the issues I had?

One phone had a blown speaker and I supposed to just let that slide and live with it. RIGHT!!!

One phone had real bad bluetooth recetition the phone had to be 1-2 feet the most away from the earpiece and I supposed to just let that slide and live with it. RIGHT!!!

One Phone started cracking by the USB and I supposed to just let that slide and live with it. RIGHT!!!

Not to mension all the little things that Palm decieded to leave out of a phone that basic phones can do. The saying that all we can say is "There's a patch for that.

If Palm would of dId it right in the first place

WE WOULD NOT NEED A PATCH FOR THAT!!!!.
    You might of had genuine hardware issues, and I was not referring to people like yourself so don't get excited and read too far much into what I was saying.

That said, I work in software development as a programmer... I know what it takes to create a program or a series of programs to accomplish specific, in my case, business operations from scratch. It requires HUGE amounts of time, money, and debugging. It doesn't happen overnight and to expect it to is foolish.
    the only reason I checked this thread was for all the juvenile anal jokes, thanks.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    With the plethora of threads I see here about people complaining how their Pre has issues yada yada, I figured I'd post this.

So my Pre has some light leaking issues, which I was blowing way out of proportion, while in reality they are kind of annoying but minor at the very least. That said for the next few months rather than enjoying my device I would just go around looking for any little error/defect with the phone just telling myself I'd never be happy with this device.

Finally one day I said to myself "why am I acting like a 6 year old?" and said let me just move past this and enjoy the device with this very minor flaw, and ever since I have really start to fall in love with the Pre. Ya it has a little screen leakage, so what.. It's a launch day phone and apart from this it works flawlessly. I think the majority of people here that post stories about defects with their phones exaggerate, like I did, just to make themselves feel better about trying to scam into getting a replacement.

People, the small issues you are blowing out of proportion are not that bad, seriously... get over it and enjoy your device!
    Oh.. you're ANAL too? Me too.
    I've expected a lot out of Palm's Pre+ and it satisfies me.

But you know what? Sometimes, SOMETIMES, reading through some topics and threads here makes me depressed about my Pre+. All these complaints and problems and etc that people are experiencing.

Should it affect me? No. As long as MY user experience with the phone is a happy one, a satisfying one, a one that I can enjoy and love than it shouldn't be a problem.

Side note: People can complain and hope to find answers and similar experiences from other users, and I'm not saying it's bad to express your opinions, but I just feel bad cause what if mine will become like that?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12