1.    #1  
    So I've been having an issue with my Pre's calendar ever since the 1.3.5 update, but I haven't been able to find anything about anyone else having a similar issue on the Forums.

All of my events are showing up on the calendar at the wrong time. Initially after the update, all events were showing up 19 hours early in the calendar. I tried a partial erase, but that didn't fix the problem. I doctored the phone and it worked temporarily, but now it's doing the same thing again.

I used to have a whole bunch of patches on the phone, but since I doctored it, I've been untweaked.

It's interesting to see this error in action. I took a video where i made a test event. Here's the run down since the video quality is meh (if only i could have used my pre to film it).

Video Link:

Event created 2:00 - 3:00 PM 20 Feb.
    Shows up in the calendar 7:00 - 8:00 PM 19 Feb.
    Selecting the event shows the time as 7:00 - 8:00 PM 20 Feb
    Selecting event time shows the time as the correct, original 2:00 - 3:00 PM 20 Feb.

The same thing happens no matter which calendar I add my event to, if I add it to google, it shows up in google calendar at the correct time, so it's not some syncing issue. The issue is in the calendar somewhere.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or maybe have any ideas for a fix?
    Last edited by mdthomas; 02/20/2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Got my ten posts for the link :)
    This is a very elementary question, but someone has to ask. Have you checked that Google calendar and your phone are both set to be in the same time zone? This sounds like the calendar is syncing to different local times.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, they're both set to eastern time. The issue presents itself even if I add events to my palm profile calendar.
    Do a search of the forums because I know at least one or two other users have posted issues with their calendar events all being off by set amount of time. Not sure what, if any, resolution they found, but there are at least a few others experiencing something similar.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdthomas View Post
    So I've been having an issue with my Pre's calendar ever since the 1.3.5 update, but I haven't been able to find anything about anyone else having a similar issue on the Forums.

All of my events are showing up on the calendar at the wrong time. Initially after the update, all events were showing up 19 hours early in the calendar. I tried a partial erase, but that didn't fix the problem. I doctored the phone and it worked temporarily, but now it's doing the same thing again.

I used to have a whole bunch of patches on the phone, but since I doctored it, I've been untweaked.

It's interesting to see this error in action. I took a video where i made a test event. Here's the run down since the video quality is meh (if only i could have used my pre to film it).

Video Link:

Event created 2:00 - 3:00 PM 20 Feb.
    Shows up in the calendar 7:00 - 8:00 PM 19 Feb.
    Selecting the event shows the time as 7:00 - 8:00 PM 20 Feb
    Selecting event time shows the time as the correct, original 2:00 - 3:00 PM 20 Feb.

The same thing happens no matter which calendar I add my event to, if I add it to google, it shows up in google calendar at the correct time, so it's not some syncing issue. The issue is in the calendar somewhere.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or maybe have any ideas for a fix?
    Check the Date & Time "app" on the phone. If your Network Time Zone is set ON, try turning it OFF, and selecting your actual Time Zone. This might do the trick. My Pre defaults to the Cayman Islands when Network Time Zone is on, and this is NOT the same as my Time Zone. Turning off Network Time Zone, and selecting my time zone manually has done the trick for me.
    Maybe turning off the network time might be a good idea to try, although i think i've seen that the pre doesn't keep time all that great on its own..
    Thanks for noting the network time zone fix. It seems that within the last week, both Pre users in our house started seeing all-day events appearing one day off in our calendars. I'm not sure what changed in that week, because we can't find anything we both installed during that time, but manually setting the network time zone fixed it.

As a data point, ay's Pre defaulted to the Cayman Islands, but ours defaulted to Regina, Canada (we're in Chicago). We also have constant problems with the clock skipping ahead a few minutes. We have to reboot to get the correct time back.

I'm assuming we'll have to manually change the network time zone when we're traveling, correct?
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    Thanks for noting the network time zone fix. It seems that within the last week, both Pre users in our house started seeing all-day events appearing one day off in our calendars. I'm not sure what changed in that week, because we can't find anything we both installed during that time, but manually setting the network time zone fixed it.

As a data point, ay's Pre defaulted to the Cayman Islands, but ours defaulted to Regina, Canada (we're in Chicago). We also have constant problems with the clock skipping ahead a few minutes. We have to reboot to get the correct time back.

I'm assuming we'll have to manually change the network time zone when we're traveling, correct?
    I'm glad I could help. Re: manually changing the network time zone when you're traveling, I'm not sure if this will be needed or not, but I guess you'll know that the first time you travel. My initial thought though is that because the Network Time has remained set, the clock on the Pre will change to the correct time, and that it may just be the calendar that would present an issue being off by the differential in the time zone because the calendar would still show events based on your actual "home" time zone. I guess you'll see the first time you travel outside your time zone (I haven't traveled yet since I made this change).
  9.    #9  
    Ok, I just turned off network time zone (which looked like it put me in the cayman islands as well), and no dice. I tried a restart and turning off network time as well, still no change. 19 hour shift.
    I started noticing this behavior on my phone yesterday. I immediately figured it was a 1.4 issue, but after searching the forum, it seems that this has been happening to people before the update. I've tried network time and time zone on/off, changed time zone cities, nothing has changed with the calendar. I don't use my calendar nearly as much as some, but I rely on it for many things. One thing I did notice is that the 19 hours earlier for events, applies to all of my appointments, not just new ones, and both google and palm calendars. This is weird and it sucks...
    I found in another thread that it's the db3 file. I had reinstalled my db3 file to get my texts back just 2 days earlier so i knew it must be it. Well, doctoring fixed the calendar problem, but a crappy thing happened as a result. When I got my Palm Profile back it was missing some of my calendar entries, memos and contacts. I say some, because most of my stuff came back, but for some reason a few didn't. And there is no rhyme or reason to which ones are missing. For example, my brother's contact is completely missing--which is crazy because I have had that in my phone since the day I got it and it came back through like 4 doctorings. Also only my green memos are missing--which sucks because my green memos were the ones that had important info on them. Anyone have any ideas at all? One thing that makes me feel a little better is that I still have my old db3 file with all the info that i lost on it--but if I put it back on, I would think I will jack my calendar again...
    Thanks...that Network Time Zone fixed my day events that were all off by a day...couldn't figure it out.
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ternest View Post
    I found in another thread that it's the db3 file. I had reinstalled my db3 file to get my texts back just 2 days earlier so i knew it must be it. Well, doctoring fixed the calendar problem, but a crappy thing happened as a result. When I got my Palm Profile back it was missing some of my calendar entries, memos and contacts. I say some, because most of my stuff came back, but for some reason a few didn't. And there is no rhyme or reason to which ones are missing. For example, my brother's contact is completely missing--which is crazy because I have had that in my phone since the day I got it and it came back through like 4 doctorings. Also only my green memos are missing--which sucks because my green memos were the ones that had important info on them. Anyone have any ideas at all? One thing that makes me feel a little better is that I still have my old db3 file with all the info that i lost on it--but if I put it back on, I would think I will jack my calendar again...
    Regarding the contact, you haven't provided much info, but I'll take a stab that perhaps some of your contacts were in the cloud (and hence synced back to your phone), but perhaps some, like your brothers, were entered in your Palm account rather than in the cloud account, and hence wouldn't have synced back? Since I believe the Palm contacts are stored in the db3 file, you would have lost those when using a different db3 file....Just a thought....This might also apply to the memos - you might have written all of them when you had a different db3 file on the phone?....If this is the problem (and again, I'm making suppositions off limited info here), you might try installing the old db3 file, forward the texts to yourself via e-mail (I think we can do that in 1.4 now, right?), export any contacts that were only in there to the cloud account, and then replace the db3 file one more time to the one that works with your calendar. Of course, once you have it all rectified, forcing a manual back-up to your profile in the cloud should help to make sure this doesn't happen again....I hope some of my assumptions are correct and that this provides some useful ideas....
    Ay,
    I am thinking of going the route you suggest, but assumptions about the old palm files vs. palm profile don't really make sense. All of my palm profile stuff--memos, tasks, contacts and calendar dates, came from my outlook about 6 weeks ago-(got a new phone and decided to do a fresh install of all my info). Since then I have reset or doctored about 5 times and everything came back until yesterday--I'm stumped...
  15.    #15  
    I guess the db3 file could be the issue. I've carried that forward through a partial erase and a doctoring. Hmm. I'm torn now because I don't want to lose my messages, but it sucks to have a useless calendar.

Thanks for posting that though.

Now that I think about it, are you saying the issue is from carrying it forward through a reset, or the issue just lies in there somewhere. I think the reason I did the first partial erase was because of the calendar problem. But it totally makes sense that I would be carrying the issue forward through doctoring if i'm keeping that file in there.