Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Geez, webos 1.4 will come out in 8 days or less, nova will be here soon, and flash will be here soon too. you people who always complain, be a little more patient
    amen
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    +1
  4.    #4  
    you know, there is a thank button
    oh yeah hanh? inform the troops!
    8 days? Did you have TRUE inside information from Palm that they have passed it on to Sprint, "V", and the others to the east. And that all these companies have made any changes that they need so that Palm can now send out the update. I don't mean to throw a wrench in it but this may be the only reason for the holdup. I have come to realise and accept that this will just be the way it will happen from now on. There are just so many people involved now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    8 days? Did you have TRUE inside information from Palm that they have passed it on to Sprint, "V", and the others to the east. And that all these companies have made any changes that they need so that Palm can now send out the update. I don't mean to throw a wrench in it but this may be the only reason for the holdup. I have come to realise and accept that this will just be the way it will happen from now on. There are just so many people involved now.
    What hold up? Palm said February, check your calendar (app). 20th + 8 days = your standard Feb.
    Amen!
    +1 Everyone is hyped for the "8 days or less" countdown (as I am!!) but in all honesty we don't know if thats even true anymore .... all rumors to this point which include the following :

Also what was said at CES could have been twisted in a way that we as consumers thought it was for us but in reality was for developers, tech, carries etc ... there was that leaked 15th picture from Sprint .....

Than there is the issue of Verizon holding things up because of there strict quality control issues which we should get used to i have a feeling ...

1. 1.4 Was delayed a week - New Date 22nd from when it was rumored

2. 1.4 was suppose to drop today (20th)

3. 1.4 was suppose to drop two days ago (18th)

4. 1.4 was suppose to drop a week ago (15th)

All in all i hope it drops by the end of Feb the latest but if it doesn't there is enough evidence to support why it won't ....
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    What hold up? Palm said February, check your calendar (app). 20th + 8 days = your standard Feb.
    From what I understand and I am not in the know, Palm has released it. They have released it to the cellular companies. What the Carriers do is out of Palms control. Sure, Feb. would be nice but what can Palm or us do?

I know. Start another negative thread "how we were let down again" on March 1st. And yet, all that will do is make us feel worse.
    I'm hoping Verizon isn't bogging down the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdthomas View Post
    I'm hoping Verizon isn't bogging down the process.
    It would be just like them. The biggest Ape in the group can do what ever they want. ugg. Maybe sprint will just get the approval done on their end and have Palm send it out to Sprint folks. Then when "V" is done update their subscribers. Of course that would mean Sprint customers would see update 1.4.1. Man oh man, what a mess. Once Palm has the new update out, the phone will be equal to or better than the others now having the Video cam. The hope is that there would be an increase in sales. With that in mind, it has got to be driving Palm nuts over the delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    you know, there is a thank button
    This is really quite pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    This is really quite pathetic.
    +1
    But I think it was a joke. We could always ask I guess.
    While welcoming Flash onboard a Pre, I hope Palm can improve the universal search wiht 1.4 so as to include all the fields in a contact.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    even if 1.4 doesn't come out in february, I think we should be happy we get any kind of regular updates, or they even plan for them! The majority of other operating systems are on a 1 or 2 time a year cycle so for us to have gotten something like 4 in 2009 seems pretty nice

also- for all the nay sayers, an article I believe reflects the the current state of society quite well:

Why are you so terribly disappointing? - SFGate

we're always setting ourself up for dissapointment. Media has convinced everyone you can't be happy... With any result.
    I would rather get it late, then get it early with a lot of unfixed major bugs.
    My feeling towards this is that it "get's here when it get's here".
  19.    #19  
    tiddlekins, it doesn't matter. did you forget the point of this thread? dont be negative
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    Geez, webos 1.4 will come out in 8 days or less, nova will be here soon, and flash will be here soon too. you people who always complain, be a little more patient
    i am happy that palm is alive. it took palm os years to evolve so i am impressed with webos updates so far.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast