Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamododge View Post
    i am happy that palm is alive. it took palm os years to evolve so i am impressed with webos updates so far.
    blast from the past: posted this from my trusty palm TX. garnet V5.49 for the fun of it.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by von11 View Post
    even if 1.4 doesn't come out in february, I think we should be happy we get any kind of regular updates, or they even plan for them! The majority of other operating systems are on a 1 or 2 time a year cycle so for us to have gotten something like 4 in 2009 seems pretty nice
    Ya because most OS's got it semi right from jump and have that period of time. WebOs was half baked on release and still does not carry features the $30 prepaid phone I saw @ 7-11 last night does...
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Ya because most OS's got it semi right from jump and have that period of time. WebOs was half baked on release and still does not carry features the $30 prepaid phone I saw @ 7-11 last night does...
    Ridiculous.
    yeah cuz the iphone couldn't mms for years, android can only officially hold apps on the device (app limit) and blackberry users have games like uno and a brower that's timed in minuets. You have any idea how this stuff works?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    yeah cuz the iphone couldn't mms for years, android can only officially hold apps on the device (app limit) and blackberry users have games like uno and a brower that's timed in minuets. You have any idea how this stuff works?

pwn.. helidos stop ur trolling. not welcome here!
    Can you imagine the meltdown around here if 1.4 isn't released by end of month? lmao
  7.    #27  
    people might cry, like the people who took their pre on a valentines date
    I will love it whenever it comes out. We really should stop obsessing over these phones.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I feel like Palm will delay the update.
    And Adobe will delay flash until like July... and then delay it again.

And then we'll be like "screw it"
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Ya and which company is hanging on by a thread?? Oh that's right Palm... not apple, not RIM, not google... My point still stands webos was half baked on release in comparison to whats become the standard in today's market..

Hard to be positive about a OS that even after 8 months still lacks features I had on my 4 year old winmo phone...

Even knowing all the minuses of webos I still went and stood in line on june 6th to buy a pre. When the pixi was released my wife picked up one up. Now we wait for palm to improve webos and of course it's coming but when? Maybe in 1.4 they will fix exchange since for some unknown reason it broke for a lot of people including myself once 1.3.5.1 came out and was working since release?

Or how about opening .eml files that come attached to emails we can't open, I could go on and on with simple stuff like no longer being able to open jpeg attachments that should have been fixed months ago. The more they improve webos the more little things get broken...

This whole cycle reminds of the my old pc gaming days where with ever patch something fixed and two things broke, new patch fixed last patch but broke something else... Some times having an update every month is not a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    you know, there is a thank button
    Another random thread about 1.4.
    How about a "No Thanks" button?
    Yes I agree completely...get behind Palm and big thumbs up for the webOS updates. Many of us used to be Treo owners. How many updates did you get for your old phones. Last I checked, what you bought initially was what you had till the end besides 3rd party apps and changes.

I love my Palm Pre and look forward to updates and changes that usually come more often. Not a complaint and looking forward to 1.4 or otherwise. Sorli...
    BTW, This is a PG forum.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    BTW, This is a PG forum.
    +1

Aaron- Chill, Calm down. If you really feel that way, move on. We all know that the Iphone is a different phone and it too has some short comings. When it comes down to it they are all really only a phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12