Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there have been a lot of threads dealing with this issue, but I have a question.

The issue is that the battery is at an acceptable level, then suddenly drops to 0% and warns you about low battery. I've had this happen occasionally in the past couple of months, but now it has occurred 5 times in the last two days.

I know we don't know if this is a hardware issue with the battery itself or a software issue, but was wondering if anyone took this to a Sprint store to see if they would replace the battery under warranty?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Ya me too. 15% -> 0% randomly.
    Something similar to the issues described happened to me nearly a month ago. I took it to my local Sprint store and they just gave me a new battery, and said that if I had any other problems to take it to a store that offers full service repairs/support. I haven't had a problem with it since the new battery. I haven't tried putting the old battery back in, but I suspect that it'll work just fine and that the whole issue was some sort of glitch.
    My not-even-a-week-old Pre Plus from Verizon did that twice in the past twenty-four hours. I deleted the warning notification, and nothing further came of it. The battery was fine, which I kinda knew, since it had just come off the charger the previous hour.
    Same issue here. If I take out the battery and reinstall it then the percentage returns and the phone is OK.
    happened to me for the first time this week. Went from 72% to 0%.
    Happened a few times to me. Just reboot the phone or power off and on and it will return to normal I think the battery is fine.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Mine did that last week. My phone had 90% left and then it went down to 0% for the rest of the day. Worked fine but it constantly said 0%.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Mine has only done it once (well, that I actually saw) and it went from 78% to 0% then 2-3min later, back to 78%....As long as it goes back to the way it was, everything should be ok. Maybe just a bug/glitch in the battery indication software.
    same here! This happened to me twice already, but i got over 2 extra hours of battery on 0%
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    Happened a few times to me. Just reboot the phone or power off and on and it will return to normal I think the battery is fine.
    yeah, but I wonder if what we "think" is right...

If it happens again after 1.4, I will be off to the Sprint store to kindly request a new battery.
    Do you have the battery percentage hack?
    i didnt, its just happened!
    is this where i sign up for the battery suddenly drops to 0% club? where do i sign?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I experience this on occasion too.

Just confirm the warning and it'll shoot back up to the right battery %.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    I experience this on occasion too.

Just confirm the warning and it'll shoot back up to the right battery %.
    Nope, not all the time. Mine sat at 0% for 45 minutes b4 I rebooted. Even a luna restart left it at 0%. Just kind of strange.

I still think it is related to 1.3.5 since I never saw anyone complain about this until after it came out.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Constant Pre user since day one.

This happened to me for the first time today. 54% --> 0%

Unaffected by Luna restart; still 0%.

Put on charger until 0% increased to 8%.

Upon shutdown and reboot while on charger: ---> 9%.

UPDATE:

Two hours later: Only 48%

Immediately shut down and restarted. Now 100%.
    Last edited by bugduk; 02/20/2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    this happened to me on monday, but shortly afterwards the phone turned off, and then would not charge, currently in for rerpair
    This has happened to me twice, both times the battery was above 90% and when I click ok to the phone will shut down it just sits there for a sec and then the % comes back up. don't relay mind to much but it is unsettling.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I had this problem, took my Pre to my local Sprint store and was told that there are issues at times with the battery connections not connecting properly to the connections in the phone. Once I took off the back cover and readjusted the battery I havent had this problem since. I dont know if that will fix everyone problems, but so far it did for me. We'll see if this is a coincidence or a permanent fix. Hope this helps some
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast