Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1.    #1  
    Im having a heck of a time getting alarm clock to work, i have it set to go off at 4:30 AM everyday but 70 % of the time it fails to go off, i even woke up early one day and watched the notification go from "4:30 am today" to "4:30 am tomorrow" before my eyes but no vibration or tone. I tried restoring to default but no change. ht epast 2 days it has worked, i tried setting 2 alarms for the same time, the first didnt go off but the duplicate one did. VERY WIERD.
  2. #2  
    Mine failed to go off this morning too.
  3.    #3  
    Its wierd, i can set the alarm for random times during the day and have never had it fail. I noticed that the little bell sometimes disappears from the bottom of screen. But even when its there when i goto bed it wont go off.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 View Post
    Its wierd, i can set the alarm for random times during the day and have never had it fail. I noticed that the little bell sometimes disappears from the bottom of screen. But even when its there when i goto bed it wont go off.
    I started having problems with my alarm, too. What I found is if it did not go off once, it would never go off again. The only way to make the alarm work again was to turn the alarm off, change it to a different time, turn it on, then turn it off, change it back to the original time, and turn it on again.

    Then it would work for awhile again, and then stop again.

    I have actually webos doctored my phone back to original, and the problem persists. The only thing I can think that I have changed before this started happening was to change the setting that says not to set off the alarm when the phone is muted. I changed that (it's insane that you even have to set it, or that the default is to set off the alarm when it is muted) because I got several nasty surprises with that in movie theatres, etc. Everyone thinks that you are a jerk who did not turn off their cell phone, and that you are taking a call when you are really trying like hell to make it shut up.

    I know that the phone is not muted when it fails to set off the alarm, but I might try changing that setting to see if I quit getting this problem. It might be a bug in the code that is supposed to check for the phone being muted that is causing this issue.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rifter View Post
    I started having problems with my alarm, too. What I found is if it did not go off once, it would never go off again. The only way to make the alarm work again was to turn the alarm off, change it to a different time, turn it on, then turn it off, change it back to the original time, and turn it on again.

    Then it would work for awhile again, and then stop again.

    I have actually webos doctored my phone back to original, and the problem persists. The only thing I can think that I have changed before this started happening was to change the setting that says not to set off the alarm when the phone is muted. I changed that (it's insane that you even have to set it, or that the default is to set off the alarm when it is muted) because I got several nasty surprises with that in movie theatres, etc. Everyone thinks that you are a jerk who did not turn off their cell phone, and that you are taking a call when you are really trying like hell to make it shut up.

    I know that the phone is not muted when it fails to set off the alarm, but I might try changing that setting to see if I quit getting this problem. It might be a bug in the code that is supposed to check for the phone being muted that is causing this issue.
    Well, there went that theory. I guess when I webos doctored the phone the preference went back to default (ring anyway). (In case you are wondering this setting is accessed when you go to the clock -> alarms -> preferences (not the preference for an individual alarm, do this on the screen that shows all the alarms). Anyway it was on "ring anyway" and did not go off today or yesterday, so, shoot. It used to go off very regularly, too.

    I've read complaints elsewhere on here about the alarm not working but no solution yet.
  6. #6  
    I use tthat app. Its about to expire though.
  7. #7  
    Mine stopped working a couple days ago, too...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  8. nicooo's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #8  
    Mine is unreliable as well. Once it's off it won't come back again. I did install the "alarm daily options" patch though. Maybe it messes things up?
  9.    #9  
    well last night i decided to set 2 alarms 5 min apart to go off this morning, neither went off. I have installed several patches but i would think once it was OS doctored it would fix it. Really ****n me off. i dont think a simple working alarm is too much to ask for
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rifter View Post
    Well, there went that theory. I guess when I webos doctored the phone the preference went back to default (ring anyway). (In case you are wondering this setting is accessed when you go to the clock -> alarms -> preferences (not the preference for an individual alarm, do this on the screen that shows all the alarms). Anyway it was on "ring anyway" and did not go off today or yesterday, so, shoot. It used to go off very regularly, too.

    I've read complaints elsewhere on here about the alarm not working but no solution yet.
    Oh, and, another bit of information. This only happens with an alarm I have set to go off "daily." If I set off an alarm to go off "once," it works every time (and if I set it ahead again and turn it back on it goes off again). So those of you who are trying to use the alarm to get up for work might try that. You have to turn the alarm back on each time, unlike the one that is set to go off "daily," but at least it will go off.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 View Post
    well last night i decided to set 2 alarms 5 min apart to go off this morning, neither went off. I have installed several patches but i would think once it was OS doctored it would fix it. Really ****n me off. i dont think a simple working alarm is too much to ask for
    OS doctor will wipe off any patches, so once you do this they won't be a factor. I did have homebrew apps and patches installed before, but I don't think I had any alarm patches installed. Since I WebOS doctored the phone I have not even installed the homebrew installers much less the patches, and still had the problem.
  12. #12  
    That pretty much sucks. You should be able to depend on your alarms actually going off. I would contact Palm about that!
  13.    #13  
    well just got off chatting with palm and they said to reset the battery and if that failed to fix it to replace the device...some help they were
  14. #14  
    Mine is a Pre Plus and 8 days old. My alarm failed to go off on Saturday morning. That issue and the fact that it shuts off spontaneously is making me wonder about this thing--as much as I really like it.
  15. phaseIII's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #15  
    i use my alarm 5 days a week and this happened to me only a handful of times... a couple of times it didnt go off it made me sleep in and miss class... i didnt mind, but if i had a test that day i woulda been ****ed
  16. #16  
    Ok, my alarm again didn't go off this morning. I have tried everything, nothing works. It simply won't go off.

    Like others, I depend on it to get me up in the mornings. Does anyone have any other ideas?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 View Post
    Im having a heck of a time getting alarm clock to work, i have it set to go off at 4:30 AM everyday but 70 % of the time it fails to go off, i even woke up early one day and watched the notification go from "4:30 am today" to "4:30 am tomorrow" before my eyes but no vibration or tone. I tried restoring to default but no change. ht epast 2 days it has worked, i tried setting 2 alarms for the same time, the first didnt go off but the duplicate one did. VERY WIERD.
    same thing here but i fund that you have to set it manually every day, i know is not the way it suppose to work but it is the way it is right now, is one of many littler bugs with this phone.....
  18. #18  
    For what it's worth, mine went off this morning. There was no alarm bell icon in the bottom right, but it went off. I don't know if that icon is supposed to be there or not. I was actually surprised that it worked today.

    I wonder if this is exclusively a Pre Plus issue?
  19. bcroft's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #19  
    So will the alarm work if I set it every day manually? I do this anyway because I work in retail and work different times every day.
  20.    #20  
    Well it cant be only the pre plus and i have the reg pre. mine went off this AM also but didnt yesterday, i made no changes to the settings so i dont know why it did today and not yesterday
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions